Migration Xe from AS400 to Sun Solaris

eSky

eSky

Well Known Member
Hi List,

Can anyone provide the documentation or any help in regard of migration of Enterprise Server from AS400 to Sun Solaris

Current Enterprise Server
AS400 - V5R2M0 ( Service Pack SP20)
Database - DB2

New Enterprise Server
SunSolaris 8
Database - Oracle 9i

My main question lies in all how to migrate DB2 database to Oracle 9i?

Feel easy for any more info require...

Thanks

EnterpriseOne 8.10 8.94, AS/400 V5R2 , Citrix
OneWorld Xe SP20 ,AS/400 V5R1

There have been similar questions on the List before.

While Third party tools may exist for converting DB2 to Oracle, your safest bet is to use JDE.

Set up the Sun Box as an ES/DB server in your existing setup.

Create Data Sources that would point to them.

Run R98403 to copy your data. Its not the fastest way...but quite safe, because JDE will take care of conversions needed.

How big is your data .If your data size is very large, this may not be an option for you.. You may still be able to reduce the time to an extent doing parallel runs of R98403 using data selection to split the tables between them.

There may be other better approaches too..

Good Luck

The estimated time plan to bring up new Solaris Server is 96 hrs (including Setting up ES and Database )

There are 2 options that I am planning to enhance the speed for R98403.
Firstly by selecting group of table by Data Selection as told by ICe_Cube.

My Question: Whether there be any order in grouping the table.
Should first OL table, then Central Object Table, then System Table, Then Buisness Object Table, and then rest of tables. Does this order will provide any benificial to speeding up process?

Secondly, Generating table Index records are inserted in table are inserted. Because Index cause a delay in inserting records.
Question 2 : How this can be done from R98403?

Question 3: AS400/ DB2 have a concept of BLOB and DNT datasource. What are these terms in reflex to Oracle Database as Oracle does not have BLOB item and DNT datasource?

Thanks

EnterpriseOne 8.10 8.94, AS/400 V5R2 , Citrix
OneWorld Xe SP20 ,AS/400 V5R1

i am exactly on the same job. any idea how much time to transfer 40 GB of prod data by R98403??. and do u think product packaging would be better option to get the customized object to fresh installation??.

thanks,

Ravi

Back