menu/role security

Joan

hi all,

my work environment currently uses JDE 9.0. We currently have environments development (DV900) and production (PD900). My 2 qns are as follows;

1. how can i assign one user A rights to only get logged onto one environment e.g. DV900 without affecting other users in the same group/role as user A?

2. How can i give rights to a role , to have read only access to objects within a module ONLY, say how can i give rights to role A, such that that role only has read only access to the module AP only.

thanks
Joan

Joan,

This post probably should be moved to the EnterpriseOne side of the forums.
As always with JD Edwards there is no straight answer for your questions but here goes:

1) It depends on what ESUs you have currently installed on your system. Even though the Environment access is set at the role level (as recommended by JDEdwards and something I totally agree with) it can be overridden at the User level for all that users roles. What this means is if RoleX, assigned to Users A and B, has access to the JPY and JPD environments, but UserA has been assigned JPY at the User level then that user can only sign on to the JPY environment, but UserB will still be able to signon to JPY and JPD. I think that is what you are trying to achieve?

But JDEdwards have recently shipped and ESU which prevents environments being assigned at the user level. See thread http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=OW&Number=160692&Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=%2Benvironment%20%2Broles&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=160692&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post160692
for a more thorough analysis of this change.

2) When setting up Security via the P00950 in Application and Action Security you type in the appropriate Product code in the “Display Unsecured Items” portion. This will show all the objects associated with that product code. Once you have set up the appropriate level of access for your role you then hit the “Secure to All” row exit. Don’t forget to scan for appropriate custom objects classified under product codes 55 through 59 as well.

Regards

Back