Mass Upload of F4101 Records

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
Has anyone out there ever attempted upload of F4101 records through SQL or Data Browser import in E1 8.11? I have a Branch Plant requesting a group of 900 or so new items inputted and where my concern lies is with the system autogeneration of short item numbers. I have only dealt with mass uploading of F4102 records and not F4101.

Please advise.

Terry

Don't you want to import these into the F4101Z1 or whatever the Z file is? Wouldn't that be better ? There are a lot more places than the F4101 - and you need to ensure that everything is uploaded correctly...

I am not ignoring you but have passed your question onto my CNC and am awaiting his response.

Thanks

Hi,

I did it, we're importing more than 1000 records to F4101, the key is when u go thru F4101Z1 do not import the record more than 250. We can but do it on spare time (not 7x24 system).

Hi, I see that you have imported records into the F4101Z1. Does anyone have a White Paper on this process, or can you help me out with what is required (Excel, Access, SQL)? Please let me know as I will need to copy around 450 items and add create copies of them with an additional character in the Item Nubmer field?

Thank you in advance.
Sturgeo

Back