Local vs Server - Post Deployment Results are Still Different

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
I have a custom version of R10111B (R5510111B).

When I run it locally - I get the right numbers. I've checked it in, had it built to DV and PY (SEVERAL TIMES) - and the Server Results are wrong / different than the Local Results.

I've validated the UBE via ER Compare - against each environment and the packages that deployed the object (and updated versions) - the ER matches. There are no Overrides on the Versions (other than Data Selection).

Is there someplace on the Enterprise Server - where I can validate or ER C to make sure the code was correctly deployed?

I had a full head of hair at the beginning of the week - the family is wondering if there is a blender in my hat, with all these balding patches I'm acquiring.

(db)

Hi db

I'm assuming that your R10111B is running ok on the server and that business functions that it calls are the same as on my install below,

B8300008
B1000001
B0000106
B1000010
B0100011
B8000094
B4000770
B1000029
B0100025
B1000030
N94NM16C

I have checked and these are all Client and Server functions. Have you added any extra processing to the UBE that is using a business function that is client only?

Also was the R5510111B created as an update report? (Not sure if this matters in this scenario, but it certainly can cause certain issues if not)

Thanks
Aidy

Thanks for the review, Aidy,

The modification to the R10111B was to make the report a 'Row' report - instead of level breaking on OBJ.SUB.

I dug into the Data Selection - between the Server and Local, the difference was the sort sequence:

Local - Sort on R0008
Server - Sort on AID

Being that the Local Versions have received the same packages as the Server (which include all versions) - they should have been in sync.

I'll manually validate / update the Sequence in the Versions - an see if the next build shows them as 'corrected'...

Again - thanks for the suggestions!

(db)

Dan,

I take it that you have already run debug logs (UBE level 4-6) for both server and local runs, to see what is actually happening. You have analysed said logs and discovered they were the same, including bsfn call i/o values and sqls produced etc.

The build get deployed and the results don't match what's on my local machine. When I finally did a compare of the logs (Beyond Compare is your friend) - the Data Selection / Sequence popped out as an issue.

My local machine's Data Sequence was valid. The server's Data Sequence wasn't.

I retouched the Data Sequencing on the UBE Template, Verified the it now matched on the versions - and restarted the promotion cycle.

Apparently - the Sequence was corrupt on the UBE (that's my guess). When I retouched it on the UBE (completely changed it, then changed it to what it was supposed to be) - the new Sequencing magically appeared to the version.

The next time the versions were deployed - the numbers were correct (and the sequencing was valid).

Duhnoh!

(db)

Back