Job Schedule "By Time" sometimes stops running

sungoku

Job Schedule \"By Time\" sometimes stops running

Dear List,

This is EnterpriseOne 8.9. Tools 8.93.N1. Running MS SQL 2000 Server. When created scheduled jobs By Day/Week/Month, the job runs for months without problems. If scheduled "By Time", it will run for a while then it will just remain in "Scheduled" status. Can't find any error. I can't find a pattern. Sometimes, stops on weekends. Sometimes on weekdays. Sometimes no problem for one whole month. Can anyone shed some ideas as to what else I could look at? Activating debuglog in the ES is not a good option as the occurence of the problem can take several days, and the debuglog can make the system crawl, not to mention use up all its disk space.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks in advance!
Byron

Re: Job Schedule \"By Time\" sometimes stops running

We have seen a similar issue but have never found a solution. Our job is set up to run on a particular day at period end. Occasionally this scheduled job never fires for unknown reason. I would be curious whether anyone else has experienced this or knows of a solution.

We have a solution! We created a UBE to stop and restart the scheduler every night before our nightly batch processes begin. We use the Windows Task Scheduler to kick off this process using the runube.exe executable. We have been using this procedure for over two years without a problem.

We have noticed an issue where a scheduled job would not run when the scheduled version was run manually during the day by a user. Somehow this seemed to upset the scheduler. I never really investigated the validity of this claim, but instead we created separate (protected) scheduler versions and the issue disappeared

Maybe something to follow up in your organisation

Thank you Ray and the others who responded.

In our case, when it does stops running, we will have to set that job to Inactive and then back to Active. I can't seem to understand if it has to do with the Scheduler. Because Scheduler is more Global. For us, the only affected job is the one set By Time. The rest keeps running without any glitch.

Hi Ray

Can you share the spec or detail in your UBE to stop and restart the scheduler.
As I am in a process of doing the same, as I need to stop the scheduler every weekend before our nightly backup batch processes begin. My email [email protected]

Thank you

Mangesh and others who asked me offline,

I am attaching three files that, hopefully, will provide you what you need to stop and restart the JDE Scheduler using an external task scheduler.

R59SCHED.txt - Event Rules for the UBE.
R59SCHED.jpg - Image of Report Design Aid layout.
R59SCHed.bat - Windows Script (formerly called batch commands) to launch the runube executable from an external task scheduler.

Attachments

• 112106-R59SCHED.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 119
Back