Job Cost Budget Revision Upload From Excel

supermurph

I'm having trouble uploading budget revisions using the P51006 Job Budget Revisions screen in EnterpriseOne. We've used the upload function for journal entries before. So, I'm familiar with the general function, but it doesn't seem to work for the budgets. I'm able to get through the preview where I see my test amount, but it seems to append the rows above the existing accounts and budget amounts and doesn't put the revision amount in the row of the account I want to update. I've attached a screen print. You can see it put a bunch of blank rows and my test amount above where the accounts already in the business unit start.

I started out by exporting the business unit's budget grid to Excel and then just added a number for the revision column and tried to upload back.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there a trick to this screen? Thanks for your help!!!!

Attachments

• 130934-Screen Print.pdf
    110.2 KB · Views: 177
Are you trying to insert/upload the data from the Excel. From your post it seems you are trying to update amount of the grid using the Excel upload ?

Thanks,

supermurph,
I don't see your keys (cost codes/codes), they are "blank"!
The input data needs the columns cost code & codes to be populated with proper values. The system needs to know WHERE / WHAT codes are to be updated. "Blank" is invalid (and it should give you an error).
PS Were you uploading journal entries with "blank" business units, and "blank" object accounts, and "blank" subsidiaries, too?

I'm glad I got some response. Here are the answers to help this along:

1) Yes, I'm uploading from Excel
2) The fact that the accounts are not there in the screen print is precisely the problem. I had them in my Excel, but it doesn't upload that way. I've attached the Excel I used to this post so you can see what I mean. I expected the $1,370 that I highlighted to be uploaded to that account.

Attachments

• 130990-First Pass.xls
    18 KB · Views: 139
Supermurph,
I would start by eliminating the accounts that you're not posting anything to. From your spreadsheet, it appears you might be including non-posting accounts in your upload. Only include rows for you accounts you need to update. Let us know if that helps.

did that. Still no luck. It's weird. It's like it won't allow updated to the account fields so it won't take those columns of data. I wonder if the format on the spreadsheet has to be differet than the grid. For instance, maybe I need to have the full business unit.object.account instead of the format on the grid. That seems unusual compared to other uploads though. This is a real pain in the ......

My IT dept checked with Oracle and it turns out that this function is known to be broken in the version we have and is fixed in the following version that has been released. He tells me there is no plan to upgrade that int he short term, but he's checking with them on quick fixes. Either way ..... I think I can't do it for now. Thanks everyone for trying to help!

hi,
can any one help me out? i want to adjust Budgeting Ledger Type(BA) values into Forecast Ledger Type (B2) values??? means i want a way in JD where we can transfer all our BA values into B2 and then i can change B2 values from there?

please let me know if any one know abt this or if any of your colleage knw abt this...

u can also email me at [email protected]

thanks

Tariq

Tariq,

Standard JD Edwards Indexed Allocations is the best and most common way to do this for end users. Get the manual and you will find it is self explanatory.

Back