E9.2 Budget for Balance Sheet Accounts

SteveJDEUser

I am using Application P0902Z1 (PC Budget Upload ) to create budget amounts by month for Balance Sheet Accounts. The problem is obtaining a "life to date" balance amount. I have used the field "APYC" Beg Balance /PYE Forward but it is not adding into the final "life to date" balance amount.

I have attached some screen prints.

I would be really pleased if anyone could direct me.

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• Budget screen prints.pdf
    84.6 KB · Views: 11
I am using Application P0902Z1 (PC Budget Upload ) to create budget amounts by month for Balance Sheet Accounts. The problem is obtaining a "life to date" balance amount. I have used the field "APYC" Beg Balance /PYE Forward but it is not adding into the final "life to date" balance amount.

I have attached some screen prints.

I would be really pleased if anyone could direct me.

Thanks
Steve
I’m retired now but curious if this issue was ever fixed. I’m pretty sure I had this issue when I consulted for a balance sheet heavy client. To address this we probably just exploited the cheap labor of one of the student interns to manually plug in the APYC numbers. It was probably faster than trying to do it programmatically.

I’m retired now but curious if this issue was ever fixed. I’m pretty sure I had this issue when I consulted for a balance sheet heavy client. To address this we probably just exploited the cheap labor of one of the student interns to manually plug in the APYC numbers. It was probably faster than trying to do it programmatically.
Thank you Alex for replying, good to know it is a bug in the system. However it is disappointing that the upload program for APYC numbers does not post. Looks like I need to do a work around like you suggested.

Steve,
According to Oracle it's actually part of their design. On Doc ID 1490088.1 they state that R14110, which is the UBE to update balances from P0902Z1, does not support updating APYC and APYN. I think we may have actually modified the program in the past for that reason.

However, did you try updating anything through the F0911Z1 process? If you have many records to update (and it sounds like you do) you may want to load them into the F0911Z1 as ledger type BA (or whatever your ledger type for budgeting is) into the last month of last year, post it to the account balances table and run the annual close for that ledger type and bring the balance forward.

Steve,
According to Oracle it's actually part of their design. On Doc ID 1490088.1 they state that R14110, which is the UBE to update balances from P0902Z1, does not support updating APYC and APYN. I think we may have actually modified the program in the past for that reason.

However, did you try updating anything through the F0911Z1 process? If you have many records to update (and it sounds like you do) you may want to load them into the F0911Z1 as ledger type BA (or whatever your ledger type for budgeting is) into the last month of last year, post it to the account balances table and run the annual close for that ledger type and bring the balance forward.
Hi Mark.,
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated. I had not used R09110Z before, took me a while to locate the fast path G09311 and then work out the correct data selections and processing options. Also thank you for the hint of posting in last month of previous year and running annual close for ledger BA. It works well and solves my problem.

Back