JDEdwards Product configurator

Mohsin Saeed

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience or have implemented product configurator for JDEdwards? We are planning to buy Product configurator to implement in our company and want to get some feedback from anybody who has already done this. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I have implemented the product configurator in one of the Engine Mfg company.

[ QUOTE ]
Rajesh wrote:
I have implemented the product configurator in one of the Engine Mfg company.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is very nice, Rajesh.

However, the original poster (Mohsin) specifically wrote "Any feedback will be greatly appreciated".

FYI, this list exists for us to help each other...

It would be nice if you were more responsive with your reply to his messge.

It's almost like you're letting him know that you're available for hire!

Regards,

Five years ago this was implemented on World Software at a manufacturing
customer.
Ensuring that you get the parameters and the relations clear is the
biggest work (this is work outside the system actually).

You will need people from all disciplines to get the system set up
correctly. And then it can really work.

Kind regards,

Saskia

Re: RE: JDEdwards Product configurator

Hi,

I implemented Configurator in B733.2 and am now in the process of upgrading to 8.10. (The main difference is the tables populated changed after XE.)

There is quite a bit of set up required, however, it works quite well. We use the configured sales order to create a work order with a parts list and routing attached.

In B733.2, I was bringing in my configured sales order using Upload Store & Forward R421011Z then Batch Transaction Editor R4210Z. In 8.10 Store & Forward no longer works for configured sales orders - (no more "Z" files). The Batch Transaction Editor does not work because it does not update the F3201 files - I have a SAR in the works for this. Just some info in case you use or was considering using Store & Forward.

Overall, configurator module works, for us, quite well.

Alma
B733.2 upgrading to 8.10

Hi,
We are using Configurator now in EnterpriseOne 8.9. Sure, it gives us a lot of convenience for configured items. But it still has some problems you must pay attention.
1. Configured items can not be adjusted into the inventory when it does not have configuring information.
2. If a configured item has two levels of configration. The sub-assembling must be compolicated and issued first.
Hope this help.

Hi jdenovice,

Which version are you implementing?

It's very different for different version. We have implemented OneWorld 8.0. There are lots limitation on Configurator function in our version. And we sufferd very much from the limitation (and BUGS too). Please see the attachment for Oracle's document.

Configurator in OneWorld 8.10/8.11 is redesigned completely, including the logic and the table structure. As Oracle declared, they have eliminated the previous limitation in new version. And the response line said to me there is no other limitation in new version, but I don't believe that. Old limitation disappeared, new ones appear.

Of course, if your product configuration structure is very simple, you may not face these limitation in 8.0.

Regards,
David Huang

Attachments

• 100067-Configurator limits.doc
    25 KB · Views: 222
We have impletmented the configurator here - but it is in XE ... not sure if that will help you or not. Its working and we are planning on adding more products to it.

Let me know if I can help

Hi Lori

Just a quick Q on Xe Configurator. I know I can group conditions in the IF area but can I have multiple choice in my THEN area.

For example, if I buy part ABC in seg 10 then I must buy one of ABC1, ABC2 or ABC3 from segment 20.

Much appreciated if anyone can help.

Regards
Daniel LAI
[email protected]

Hi Daniel

I assume your statement is a cross segment editing rule. The needs to be:

If seg 10 = ABC
then seg 20 must equal *Values ( where list of values is abc1, abc2, abc3)

Hi

Have you get issues with Configutator performance especially when you start it?

Thanks

Nadeem Bedar

Back