JDE World versions

DEAPat

Our company is migrating from an AS/400 Mod 620 to an iSystem in the next month or so. We have JDE version 7.3 cum 7 in the old box and now are thinking which version of JDE would be best for us to upgrade. Someone can help us identify the differences between versions? Thank you all!

Patricia: you are a little bit "old" with cum7...I think the last version is cum15 or cum16...which is best? Who knows...I know there were a lot of differences between cum7 and cum10 (for example)...Ask Oracle people to sent you something...they must have this kind of information. good luck.

DEAPat <[email protected]> escribió:
Our company is migrating from an AS/400 Mod 620 to an iSystem in the next month or so. We have JDE version 7.3 cum 7 in the old box and now are thinking which version of JDE would be best for us to upgrade. Someone can help us identify the differences between versions? Thank you all!

If you are going to new machines with V4R5 or greater for the operating system, then you will have to do some updates for JDE, as IBM has changed the spool file job number from 5 numeric to 6 numeric. You may have to go to cume 10 in order to be able to use the JDE system. 16 is the last release of World A7.3
You will have to talk to the folks at Oracle or some other supporting company in order to get a new SPC (software protection code) for you new machine in order to be able to sign onto it.

Jim

Re: RE: JDE World versions

Anything before cume 9 doesn't even deal with Y2K dates properly, although having survived for 6 years without the updates I suppose you don't really have any problems.

At my last company they upgraded through all the cume's up to 16, and had very few problems. I don't remember if there were any file changes between them, but if so they would be minimal - most changes came earlier.

It depends really on the extent to which you have customised the JDE programs, menu's, VO etc. If you have made major changes then retro-fitting could be a big project, but if not and you are using a mostly pristine system then upgrading ought not to be too painful. The latest cume's have been relatively bug free, unlike 8 and 9 which I understand had a lot of issues.

And then you will be ready for A9.1 when it is released.....

Re: RE: JDE World versions

I concur with Tony and Jim's responses completely. And just to be clear, I wouldn't "bundle" (or attempt) both a iSeries model upgrade and a JDE upgrade in one step. If it were me, I would get on the new hardware first and apply any necessary stuff for V5Rx if you are not already on it. There are a variety of patches to apply as I recall. Get that settled down on the new box before you begin a cume upgrade on JDE. Good Luck!

Back