JDE - Silent Installation for Network Listener doesn't work

Ria Koronidi

JDE - Silent Installation for Network Listener doesn\'t work

Hi,

I have been trying to install packages from the deployment server in silent mode. I know that when the Listener runs as a local service, users need to be logged on the machine but when the Listener runs as a network service and a package is deployed, users do not have to be logged on the workstation.

However, I was testing both cases and the network service doesn’t work in silent mode for me.

I have deployed a package on the deployment server and I was logged off the user workstation, trying to test if the push installation works. When I ran the batch application R98825 the status was 260 - Listener Not Started/Installed and it won’t change unless I log back in the user workstation. Then the status changes to 210 - In Progress, which means that the silent installation didn’t work properly.

I have followed all the steps to the letter to install the Network Listener and enabled the push installation (from doc ID 626427.1 on the Oracle support site)

Could someone please provide some advice on this problem? I am not sure if that’s how the silent installation should work but theoretically the push installation should be successful even if the user is logged off the network.

Here are some details of the JDE release that may help:
JDE: JDE B7333 SP24_01
Enterprise Server: Windows 2003 R2 SP2
Terminal Server: Windows 2003 R2 SP2
Database: Linux 64 bit, Oracle 64bit, version 10g R2, 10.2.0.4
Fat Client: Windows XP Prof SP3

Thanks in advance,
Ria

Re: JDE - Silent Installation for Network Listener doesn\'t work

Hi all,

FYI I ran a Full package in silent mode and it worked fine! Now I am trying to figure out why push installation doesn't work with Update packages. Any advice would be helpful...

Thanks!

Back