JDE Re-start

Sunny48

Hi,

JDE E1 8.11 SP1, OAS
MS SQL server

We used to have a AS/400 and on weekly basis we used to do IPL. Now our JDE E1 is on Windows platform, SQL server.
I want to re-start JDE on weekly basis- Logic servers, E1 server, SQL database server.
How I can do this? What steps I need to do.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
SP

I would just create a .bat file with the commands that i want to run to stop the services, Db and the logic server in sequence and put it on the windows scheduler.

Just make sure you have the sequences defined correctly.

We recently changed from an iSeries to Wintel platform so I understand exactly where you are coming from. Our process is fairly straightforward since we only have one web server and one enterprise server (database + logic on the same machine). If you have multiple it may change how to do it but I think the concept is right.

1. Log into Server Manager
2. Shut down your PD/PY web services.
3. Shut down your enterprise server services
4. Once the services are stopped you can reboot the servers as needed.
5. When the servers are back online, verify that your SQL Server services are running.
6. Log back into Server Manager
7. Start your E1-Services on the enterprise/logic server
8. Start your PD/PY web services

If all your servers are windows you can script these using windows scheduler tasks.

If you have your JDE and DB on the same server you need to make sure that your JDE service is dependent on the SQL Server Service as it needs to be up before the kernel processes start.

If you are on Windows 2003 or higher you can use "sc config <JDE_Service_name> depend= <SQL_Server_Service_name>" command to set the dependency.

If SQL Server and JDE are on different servers than you have use timing to make sure that you stop jde , stop sql , start sql , start jde in that order

Use windows bat files for
net start <service name> and net stop <service name>

This should give you a general idea of how to approach this.

That is correcf.
I would do script based, case in case you are on holidays and you dont want anyone to login to server manager.

E1
Set the JDE network services to manual and add task in the task scheduler for start up script. put you script in on the location you want e.g c:\script\jdestart.cmd and call from task scheduler so reboot will take care. You can do also clean up logs file for print queue etc with this script for maintenance purpose.

WEB
do the same with the jde services using net start in .cmd file.

Make sure tell you team that the sequence is imporant for booting servers, i assume DB is online, than E1 and Web.

thanks
AD

I've just PM'd you our reboot prcedures with notes. We're on 9.0 with a couple of web servers but your process should be similar.

Back