E9.2 JDE Data Archive Question

CLYONS99

We are sunsetting our JDE E1 9.2, and moving to SAP. We would like to move our data to a Windows SQL server for archiving. Has anyone done this before?
We don't want to install JDE on the SQL Server, the goal is to only move data.

Assuming you just want the tables copied without any transformation, you could create the db in SQL Server, then setup data sources in JDE to point to that db. You can use the R98403B UBE to copy your data. I haven't used that UBE in several years, so I'd recommend researching it and making sure you fully understand its processing options and behavior.

Assuming you just want the tables copied without any transformation, you could create the db in SQL Server, then setup data sources in JDE to point to that db. You can use the R98403B UBE to copy your data. I haven't used that UBE in several years, so I'd recommend researching it and making sure you fully understand its processing options and behavior.
That was my thought, but the Oracle helpdesk said we would need to load JDE on the windows server to get R98403B to work. Is that not true?

That was my thought, but the Oracle helpdesk said we would need to load JDE on the windows server to get R98403B to work. Is that not true?
The report that Don mentioned runs locally so i'd say no.

Concerning your question: Since you didn't say what you're running on now i am with Don's suggestion.

Depending on what the plan is for that data after you exit JDE, you may not want just a straight data migration to SQL server. If the plan is to do query on the data with a BI tool, you may also want to consider (if you haven’t already) converting julian dates to a sql date format and setting the correct decimals.

Back