JDE not allow us to change G/L amounts for "I" batchs

Diana_Apple

Well Known Member
JDE not allow us to change G/L amounts for \"I\" batchs

I hope I can explain this. In our pre-multicurrency days, occasionally we could not post our Sales Order batches because the Invoice amount did not match the G/L amount. This almost always occurred when changes were made to the S.O. line item(s) that affected the extended amount. It seemed that when booking these transactions to the G/L, JDE would always use the original amount, which was the wrong amount. To correct that, we would inquire on the batch, find the o/b invoice, then select the option to review the invoice (P03105). To change the G/L amount, all we had to do was change the action code to 'C', press enter to go to the A/R A/P Journal entries screen (P03101) and correct the amounts. We can still do that if there is no foreign currency on that invoice. But if foreign currency is involved, the amount field is locked. It is also locked when we tried to add a line (instead of changing the line that is in error). Can anyone tell us how to fix this?

Re: JDE not allow us to change G/L amounts for \"I\" batchs

Are you trying to change the domestic amount? My experience with the financial applications is that on a foreign transaction you can only change the foreign amount. I don't know if this applies to what you are trying to do.

I also found in A.3 A/P that sometimes there would be a rounding error on foreign vouchers with taxes. The foreign amounts balanced, but the domestic amounts were out by USD 0.01. The only way I found to get in balance was to remove one or more digits of precision from the exchange rate. Eventually the rounding error went away.

Back