JDE EnterpriseOne E900 upgrade

Deepak C Thali

Deepak C Thali

Hello, Currently we are on E812 with Tools Release 8.98.4.2. Now management is planning for a E1 application upgrade(E900 update2). I had gone through some of the documentations posted by Oracle KG and other groups. From all those documentation i came to know that there are lot of work involved in this upgrade. As a part of this upgrade first i am planning for a current deployment server upgrade to win2008 R2 64bit(at present its is win2003 R2). Before performing an upgrade i want to make sure that new deployment server talks to the enterprise server correctly. At this point my doubts are how can i install a new deployment server for E812 with tools release 8.98.4.2? Will all the related 32bit apllications works with this 64bit installation(i am concerned about VS2008 SP1 for which there is no 64bit application is available)? My plan is to install base deployment server(8.96) and then upgrade to tools release 8.97.3 and run MSDE to SSE2005 conversion(anyways MSDE is not supported by Win2008)and finally apply tools release 8.98.4.X(for this purpose i am building a seperate DS, so that back will not be a problem). Finally once i am done with tools relase 8.98.4.2 remove E812 folder from new DS and copy the same from old DS also JDE.INI. Is this the correct way to do this or any shortcut is available for this?
Secondly for enterprise server application upgrade(E900) at present we will be upgrading PY812 Env. Here confusion is at the time of application upgrade foundation also will be upgraded by default so how can we run production Env, without any interruption? Do i need to go for a multifoundation setup?

Thanks

Deepak

Back