• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

JDE 8.9 F41002 USTR Hexadecimal

planoqe

I am trying to write an ETL to populate the F41002 table running on an iSeries (AS/400) installation of JDE 8.9. My local staging environment is PostgreSQL on Ubuntu 14.0.4; my ETL tool is Pentaho PDI v5.01.

The schema for the F41002 lists the USTR field as CHAR (1); however, looking at existing data on the iSeries (green screen), there is a visible column indent, and if I export some working (JDE manually entered) data from the table as UNICODE, then open the file in a hex editor, I can see a 0x203 character precedes the value I have set in the field. For example, a visible code of '1' is actually 0x2031 in the table. This appears to be specific to iSeries.

I have tried injecting the 0x203 using the HEX() function via SQL, but it is an unrecognized function.

I am looking for advice on why this field in this table on this platform requires the hex code, and (more importantly), how I can append the code to the appropriate value.

jean_driscoll

VIP Member
It might be easier to use an iSeries function like file transfer to upload data to the AS/400. You can also upload your ASCII PC files to the IFS and then use a copy command to copy to the iSeries EBCDIC. format.