JD Edwards Enterprise One and retail

las_1245

las_1245

Hi List

I know JD Edwards does not have retail suites like SAP and Oracle.Still few customers have used E1 for their retail business.I would like to know how base system in E1 can be used for retail.If you have any material like case study,documentation please share with me.Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.Las

The biggest issues with JDE in the Retail world is handling item/color/size distributions. The other huge deficiency is on the sales (Point of Sale - POS) especially. There are other systems that can be 'plugged' in to accomodate these deficiencies, but they can be cumbersome. The strength of JDE is in inventory and distribution; great for a wholesaler and related businesses.

JDA (not to be confused with JDE) is a better choice. Both systems have very similar histories and capabilities; JDA just took the retail path....

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Skip Stein

Hi Skip
Thanks a lot for information.Can I get any document/case study(may be on web) which will give overview of how base systems(Inventory,distribution,finance etc) can be used for retail purpose.

Thanks again Las

Las_1245 - there is at least one POS product with prebuilt integration to E1. Its called VersaPOS and sold by SYSTIME. I'm not plugging it - just pointing it out. Finding a POS solution with ready-made integration into E1 isn't easy.

As Skip pointed out E1 may/not fit the business your in. It fits some things (Consumer package goods for instance) just fine. There are a number of E1 installs in the wine business as well. Many of these have small retail operations to support tasting rooms connected with the winery. Your account team should be able to plug you into the literature in this area.

Back