JAS / \Websphere Hangs

Sanjay_E1

JAS / \\Websphere Hangs

Hello All,

We are having a typical issue on E1 8.10 on iSeries. Websphere hangs intermittently. What we have noticed that this happens when one the threads "com.jdedwards.jas.maf.JASMAFCleanEnvServlet" is in waiting status. We have noticed this from SAW's outstanding requests screen. Please check the attachment.

When this thread is waiting status , the system is almost is in hung status, system becomes extremely slow and no one can login to the system. During this Memory and CPU utilisation are also very low. Then the only option is to bounce the Webserver to bring back the server up and running. This happens about for every 3 - 4 hours.

All the parameters for websphere seems to be correct. I presume that the memory cleanup is not happening correctly. We have checked the garbage collection parameters and seems to be ok. The average users logged on the system seems to be 40 - 50 when this happens.

IBM is also working on the issue and seems to be no diagnose of the problem.

The following PTF's are applied

SF99530 Level 6142
SF99529 Level 90
SF99503 Level 10
SF99295 Level 10
SF99287 Level 19
SF99272 Level 3
SF99269 Level 11
SF99185 Level 14
SF99173 Level 3
SF99139 Level 3
SF99099 Level 9

The below is the system configuration

E1 8.10 8.94_D1 TR

AS/400 i5 V5R3, 32 GB Memory, Websphere 5.0.2 level 19,
MIMIX

Please let me know if you need any further information. Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards

Attachments

• 113400-Outstanding Req.doc
    805 KB · Views: 141
Re: JAS / \\Websphere Hangs

how often do you reboot your web servers? How often do you clean/delete the SQL packages?

Your tools release is very old - 8.94D1. There is already T1. Why don't you update it? It has to be done anyway, I think.

Alex

Alright I'll spew out my slew of recommendations.....

1. Since WAS & HTTP are on AS400 are they running in it's their own memory pool? (they should)

2. Are the JDBC's running in it's own memory pool? (They Should. See IBM Tuning Guide for JDE)

3. How many ESU's have you applied to your system? (If you don't have Update 1 you'll need about 700)

4. Do you have 810 Update 1 installed? (Improves Web stability)

5. Have you used Change Assistant to check for 810 performance and memory ESU's? (Mandatory otherwise you'll have issues)

6. Have you looked at Solution ID 201018380 for Web Exception Errors?

7. Have you logged a call with JDE? (They're here to helP)

8. Have you looked at the JDE Tuning Guides for WAS:
http://www.peoplesoft.com/corp/en/iou/red_papers/index.jsp

9. Have you looked at the IBM Tuning Guides for JDE: http://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/WP100471

10. Are you using the jt400.jar from the iSeries or the one from iSeries Navigator (You need to use the one from the iSeries for WAS machine and for the eGenerator).

There are hundreds of other things to do to boost performance but the above should improve stability.

Post your Enterprise Server jde.ini, jas.ini, jdbj.ini your Generic JVM arguments, initial and max heap size, etc.

Lastly I would really consider installing a more recent tools release.

Colin

Back