Issues saving exported grid data to a Vista PC

sslomov

Hi,

(If there is a more appropriate forum for this question, please let me know).

We are using EnterpriseOne 8.12 web client. When I use a Vista PC, I can export grid data to Excel or Word, but I cannot save the spreadsheet that is created. Excel gives me the message that I do not have permission to save to this location. It asks if I want to save to the documents folder of the current user (which is actually where I had attempted to save).

I then need to open Excel again and copy the data from the JDE-opened file to my new Excel instance to save.

It is only when I am logged into the PC as the "Local" Administrator that I am able to save directly after the export.

Does anyone have a suggestion about the permissions that may need to be set on the destination folder or anywhere else? Any information would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve,

Welcome to JDEList.

Your system configuration would be handy.

Are you trying to save the excel spreadsheet by using "Save As"? When you download the grid into excel, it creates a temporary file, but without admin rights you probably don't have access to it. If you click "Save" it will try and save over the temporary file. If you click "Save As" it will default to the temporary file and its location. You will have to navigate to a location to which you have access to save a copy of the down loaded information.

Definitely doing a "Save As" and definitely navigating to my own My Docuuments and various other folders, even setting the desired destination folder permissions to "everyone"

Steve,

This may be a Vista problem. Is 8.12 certified with Vista yet?

Back