Interfacing JD Edwards with PLC Systems

fisler

Does anyone have experience with manufacturing inbound processors (for example Inbound Work Order Processor, Inbound Hours and Quantity Processor, etc.) I'm researching on how to interface XE with PLC systems.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Fernando
OW XE

You can use the product XPIe which is an interfacing tool that is supplied by JDE (work like WebMethod products). The interface tool supports inbound flat files. It works for individual transaction or batch processing. The advantage of this product is that it can incorporate JDE Business Function capabilities.

Hope this helps, if you need any mor info send email.

bye,

gilles

Gilles,
I hope this post (Forum) stays public AND free.
Thank you,

I've seen the cost of using XPI's get very expensive very fast so you may want to consider a point-to-point solution or an independent 3rd party eAI solution as a more cost effective approach. Most interfaces load data to z-files or EDI files which are subsequently processed by standard JDE UBE's utilizing JDE business functions to validate the data. Let me know if you would like more information regarding interfacing to JDE.

Without wishing to go off at a tangent into receommending other products... I can answer your question directly and say, "yes, I have experience of Inbound Manufacturing Processors". We used these extensively for Inbound and Outbound to communicate with Shop Floor Data Capture systems. This was with OneWorld Xe and I made some notes that I can dig out for you if you are interested.

I recall that we didn't use flat file communication. Instead we just mirrored the data in one Oracle database to the JDE one. We would run a small executable every hour to copy the data over to JDE. Then the Processor can be run in Scheduler.

We had very bad problems with the Superbackflush processor which had some, err, features. But the rest were OK.

One of our sites used Z-Files in conjunction with API's borrowed from the Bar Coding interface project. This enabled us to use the MBF's to import the SFDC data, process it and then reject the problem data into the F31122Z1 where it could be manually processed.

I have not used these Processors with PLC's. Your problems might be different from the sort of user-mistakes we experienced if your data is machine-generated. However, all I can say is that the Z-File processing in OneWorld is a godsend and has made data conversion and some interfaces a real pleasure to put together.

Hi
I need more info on this. Like
1. How to add only newly added records to Z files from Legacy DB? That is when U add some records into Legacy DB only those records newly added should only to be added to Z files. If you use JDE Table Conversion Batch allication, it will add all records from Legacy DB to Z file. How to prevent this?
2. Have you used sheduler for getting records from Z files to Transaction tables of JDE?

Hope U can give me some inputs on this.
Regards
Bal

Back