interface with report

ekben

Well Known Member
dear all,
1) i am developing financial highlights report and i have few data rows which have no account in chart of account. neither they are calculation field. for 1 example 'share price' which need to revise every end of the month.
may i know if there is any way to fill in to the tabular cell in the report by way of interface(user key in excel) instead of manually update or hardcode to the report every month?
2) may i know can report A tabular cell link to report B tabular cell?

thanks in advance.
rgds
ekben

hi raymond,
of course. cell override is the basic thing in tabular format. in order to use cell override i must have data stored in table or calculation to override the original value.
as i mentioned in my post, some of the thing like company share price data has no where to store in system as no chart of account to keep it. we need to revise the price every month end to show in our financial highlights report.
that is why i ask how to populate the data in the report instead of every month manually hardcode in the report design.
if user input in excel is there any way to update in report by way of interface?

to my second question, is there any way to link cell between 2 different report? meaning once update report A, the link cell will be updated as well in report B. something like in excel.

rgds
ekben

Ekben,

I'm not sure whether this will help or not, but here are some comments/suggestions. Generally, for a UBE to pick up information, it has to be stored somewhere in the database or entered at run time (eg entered into a UBE processing option, or Entered into an application which runs a UBE). Using a (possibly custom C) business function to get the data from or via the client (or server, depending on where the UBE is run) machine may be another option.

If you want to extract the information from an excel file, you may have to write a custom C business function to do it or manually import the excel data into the grid of a new or existing application which will then store the excel data in the database for furture retrieval by a UBE or pass it to a UBE it runs.

We use a custom UDC (eg 55/SG) to store one-off data items, switches etc, where the code (F0005.DRKY) is a lookup mechanism and the data we want is stored in the description (F0005.DRDL01) and what the UDC is used for is stored in the 2nd description (F0005.DRDL02). Using your Share Price example, it could be stored (by interface or manual entry) in the description of UDC 55/SG/SP and then retrieved by a UBE.

This would also be useful for you second question. If both cell 1 in report A and cell 2 in report B are sourced (or updated from one cell and retrieved for the other) the information from the same place (eg the description of a UDC - 55/SG/INFO) then the two cells will be effectively linked.

I hope this is of use and is not too confusing. All the best with a solution anyway.

hi peter,
thank you so much. i make use of the udc prod 55 for the following.
share price, number of employees,....
for share price i created 13 codes(13 months with each month closing price and last year closing price in description column). user need to update monthly closing price. i use bfsn to convert to numeric from string.
i hope that is the purpose of udc.
again, thanks peter.
rgds
ekben

Back