E9.2 From Sales Order to G/L revenue transaction how does JDE determine what G/L accounts to hit?

JDE Newbie

I'd like to map to sales order data what G/L account will be hit for the revenue. I looked at the order entry screens but there is no obvious selector for what G/L's to hit. I'm guessing maybe order type determines which G/L's get hit (eg chart of accounts may be segmented by product type or sales channel, which in this case it is for this particular business). Thanks in advance

I'd like to map to sales order data what G/L account will be hit for the revenue. I looked at the order entry screens but there is no obvious selector for what G/L's to hit. I'm guessing maybe order type determines which G/L's get hit (eg chart of accounts may be segmented by product type or sales channel, which in this case it is for this particular business). Thanks in advance
Have a look at the Automatic Accounting Instructions.

Yeah DMAAI entries + GL Class codes on the item.

If processing into A/R: Look at the AAI for when the order is processed in A/R (RC code) - company number and possibly if the order if intercompany or foreign currency (additions to RC AAI code).

PS - Don't forget about the tax codes too! These are the AAI entries in 3.320 with tax code that is on the customer.

Thanks, would one of you be able to provide more specifics? I'm starting with F4211 order details. I have to know what G/L revenue account is being used for each order so I can split them by revenue stream, channel, intercompany/external, and so forth.

I'm looking for some way to join F4211 with an AAI table. I don't see how I can do that given the available dimensions in F0012 the AAI master

What I did. F4211 GL Offset joined with F0911 GL Offset to get the GL Account #.

Why isn't there a GL Offset to GL Account # table? I'm confused why I have to go to GL Transactions to pull the account number or why GL Offset is even a thing, why not just use the account number to begin with given there is a 1:1 relationship between the GL Offset code and GL Account # (which at least in my case for a decent sized international company is true)

Well, I'm still stuck. For the life of me I can't figure out what tables to join to pull the mother lovin general ledger account number into sales order F4211 data

Try checking out the F4095 - Distribution/Manufacturing AAI table. There are various AAI numbers, but one that might be of interest for SO's is 4230. You can link it on the company and doc type, as well as the G/L Cat code (coming off the F4211 table). You could have an AAI defined for a specific company, or it may be defined globally (company = 00000). For the resulting business unit, object, and subsidiary, these will be defined in the F4095 record, though if the business unit is missing, it may default in from the F4211 record. You can see that trying to apply all the logic with a simple join will become very complicated very soon. So dive in, keep your eyes open, and take special care not to accidentally exclude data by overly-restrictive/incorrect data selection.

You can also look at chapter two of the Tax Implementation guide. The GL Cat Code can be based on the Item or line type or flex accounting. Use the fast path DMAAI, to see what is setup, based on Company Number, Order Type and GL Class Code.

Back