In Fix Inspect setting Data selection

Gov

Hi,

Is there a way to select a perticular record from the file in Fix/ Inspect form?

My current scenario,

In my business view of fix/ inspect form i have 2 custom tables. One stores teh header information & other stores the Ledger info of the header. So I have multiple records in Ledger file for every header record. What I need to do is to retrieve the record with status 10 from ledger file. But my form is picking the first record in ledger file for the header record.

Can you please help me to solve it out!!

One way to do it could be to add the Status field to your form (You could hide it if you don't want to see it). Then in the Edit Control properties of the Status field set the filter value to "=". Then in the event rules , in the "Dialog is Initialized" event, hardcode the status to 10.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

I did, I have the status field in the form. But we dont have filtering option in Fix/ Inspect, to set '=' for status field.

Any other Idea!!

Gov

Usually, a fix/inspect form is called from another form (find/Browse?).
So you should add some logic on the calling form to retrieve the correct line number, corresponding to status 10, and pass that in when you call the fix/inspect.

Hope this helps

Philippe

Philippe,

Thanks for the Idea!!. Now the problem is with the business view. I have different business views in Find/Browse and Fix/ Inspect. The Ledger table which is in fix/ inspect, is not there in find/ browse.

Please suggest me a solution for this!!

Gov

Let's assume that your Find/browse form works on the header table only. You can add some event rules on the 'Button clicked' event of the select Form/Row Exit, to do a table IO on the ledger table
(or on the BSWV that links header and ledger), selecting the header information from the Grid line that is selected, and where status = 10. Return the line number and pass it into the call to the Fix inspect. That should do the trick

Cheers

Philippe

Nothing works gr8 with me. I just used the Fetch statement to retrieve ledger information. I found that the fix inspect is having auto find functionality. And also it dont have filtering criteria(like making '=') against a control.

Any Ideas!! to use the existing functionality of fix/inspect (Without using fetch statement)

Hi Gov,

Do you use a multi-table Busines View on your Fix/Inspect form?

If yes, it can cause problems, because Fix/Inspect form is a Single Record Maintenance form, and it requires a single-table Business View.

I have never used compound BSVW on a Fix/Inspect form (and on the other data entry form types), further I have never seen this scenario in vanilla OneWorld applications.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltán,

Yes we have 2 tables in the current business view. We are using this screen for inquiry purpose only. We are not carrying any maintenance on this screen. We need to compare both table information and need to perform some calculations.

Hi Gov,

Why do you force Fix/Inspect functionality without fetch on a multi-table Business View? Mainly, when you do not want any maintenance on that.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,
I don't think that joined businessview will make any difference.

Vishal

Hi Zoltán,

I am not sure that I understood clearly what you said. I will put my requirement once again.

We are having this screen for a detail inquiry of sales information. We need to compare the header record with the ledger record which is @ status 10. Header record could be at any status of the process.We are keeping the track of records for every change of header record in Ledger file. When I used teh business view in fix inspect which is on Header & Ledger, it is fetching the first record in the ledger file ( for the corresponding header record). It is not fetching the record with status 10.

Trails I did

1) Adding Ledger status field to datastructure & also had the status control in the form.

2)Harcoding the FC status field with 10 value.

In both cases I am unsuccessful.

Observation :

Fix/ Inspect does not have 'FIND' botton. It is having auto find functionality. I am unable to utilise this functionality.

Any suggestions please!!

Release : B7334

Hi Gov,

I suppose, I understood your requirement and your scenario.
The only thing, what I do not understand, why do you force a 2 table BSVW solution on a Fix/Inspect form, which is designed and works as a Single Record form.

Why isn't a solution for you the following scenario:
1.) Use the header teh table as a single table in your Fix/Inspect form.
2.) Pass the key fields of the selected header record from the Find/Browse to the Fix/Inspect and let the auto fetch to work in Fix/Inspect.
3.) Place the appropriate Data Items onto the Fix/Inspect for your ledger table as Form Controls.
4.) Define a variable for your status, and assign 10 to it.
5.) FetchSingle your ledger table with the key fields of the header and with the initialized status variable in the selection part of the FetchSingle - to populate the Form Controls for the ledger.

I suppose, this will produce the required result for the user, won't it?

Regards,

Zoltán

Gov,

The fix/inspect for is supposed to get one record only form the database. It
is typically used to add/review a single record, which in the case of
=91review=92, you selected on the previous screen (typically a Find/Browse)

If you want to filter on a form records selected from the database, then use
another form type: header/detail. On this, you will have the find button and
the ability to set filters.

Cheers

Philippe

_____

Behalf Of Gov
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:56 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: In Fix Inspect setting Data selection

Hi Zolt=E1n,

I am not sure that I understood clearly what you said. I will put my
requirement once again.

We are having this screen for a detail inquiry of sales information. We need
to compare the header record with the ledger record which is @ status 10.
Header record could be at any status of the process.We are keeping the track
of records for every change of header record in Ledger file. When I used teh
business view in fix inspect which is on Header & Ledger, it is fetching the
first record in the ledger file ( for the corresponding header record). It
is not fetching the record with status 10.

Trails I did

1) Adding Ledger status field to datastructure & also had the status control
in the form.

2)Harcoding the FC status field with 10 value.

In both cases I am unsuccessful.

Observation :

Fix/ Inspect does not have 'FIND' botton. It is having auto find
functionality. I! am unable to utilise this functionality.

Any suggestions please!!

Release : B7334

Regards,Gov Smart Bridge Solutions India. Win 2k & Win Xp B7333,B7334,E810

_____

The entire <http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=3D&Board=3D> JDELIST
thread is available for viewing.

Looking for a job? Check out the Job
Opportunites
forum

This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Developers Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list are
available here <http://www.jdelist.com/unsubscr.shtml> .
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards=AE.

To unsubscribe from this list via email, Click
<mailto: [email protected]?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

P
lease remove this address from the JDELIST EnterpriseOne

Thanks Zoltán and Philippe.

The idea of having header table in businessview and fetching the ledger information using table I/O works fine.

Once agian thanks

Again you want to use a business view with only one talbe attached. If you need to display header info then do a fetch. It may be as simple as that. Are you getting to your records via an up front browse form? Angelis

Angelis,

I am connecting to Fix/ Inspect from Find/ Browse only and I am doing table I/ O fetch on Ledger file.

Hi,

Again issue with Fix/ Inspect. This time with header maintenance screen. I have header table in the business view and I need to display all the controls on the form.It should allow for add & Update. But when I used it in update mode, it is not fetching header values.

I have the datastructure mappings and have mapped them to the form controls. Still it is not fetching.

Please suggest me!!

Hi Gov,

Is this Form a brand new form, based on a new business view or have you copied or changed the previous form or view?

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltán,

I created a new one with new business view. The business view solely on header table.

Can you suggest me the care that I need to take, while working with Fix/Inspect.

Currently I am taking care of

1) Passing parameters from Find/Browse while calling
2) Assigning FI values to the FC values in Post Diolog Initialised event
3) Making those FC values as read only, Not allowing to give input.

Back