Importing base prices / price adjustment details

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi all!

As we all know, there's no wat to import base prices or advanced price ajdustmet records in standard JDE. (Importing records for multiple items/branches/customers etc. from an excel-sheet)

I'm about to draft a functional specification to achieve this but wanted to first check if there's anyone out there that has already done this and would like to share the knowledge.

The import is not trivial as the preference hierarchy and expiration dates needs to be respected, althoug creating a base price import with a "hardcoded" hierarachy should not be a problem. Presumably, importing adjustmen details is a bit more tricky. I'm sure i can get it to work but would be grateful for any help from you guys in order to avoid re-inventing the wheel

I'm creating the specs for both XE and 8.12 (two different customers with same requirements)

Thanks
/Aarto

Hi Aarto,

Is there any chance in either of these scenarios that you could set up Base Pricing and/or Advanced Pricing using Cat Codes rather than Item Numbers - if so you may still be able to Import en masse from Excel (as you state direct updates into this tables is not a trivial exercise)

Hi Cariag! We tried that approach in solution design but the prices are very specific to items/customers so we would need the same number of cat code/customer combinations as we have item/customer combinations..
Unfortunately, this would quickly become un-manageable.

Good input though, thanks

/Aarto

Back
Top Bottom