Impact of change of Fiscal Date Pattern

MILNUP

We are planning to move from a calendar Fiscal Date Pattern to a non-calendar Fiscal Date Pattern. How will this impact the Fixed Asset & how do we ensure that this does not affect the Fixed Assets?

Did not find any documentation on the Oracle site about the impact on Fixed Asset.

MILNUP. I cannot see any negative impact in F/A from changing data patterns in G/L. The depreciation start data as well as the life month of the asset will not be altered by this change and those are the only date critical parameters in this process. to double check you may want to look in G1231 (adv. and technical menu) if there exist a program (global update) for your scenario but I don't think there a thing like this. Cheers, Dieter.

Well, I have never been involved with a change in fiscal year, so I have no experience in this. Have you looked at the Fixed Assets Guide? I thi nk what you may need to do is to set up history on your new fiscal date pattern, all the way back to the oldest asset that you have. For example , if you have an asset back to 1969, then you need to set up your new dat e pattern for 1969 all the way through to 2010 and into the future. Sinc e not many of us have done a fiscal year change, you may be better off cr eating a service request with Oracle support to see what needs to be done , if anything, for fixed assets. Hope this helps a little bit.

John Dickey
McCarthy Building Companies
St. Louis, MO 63124
314-919-2264
[email protected]

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of MILNUP
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 11:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Impact of change of Fiscal Date Pattern

We are planning to move from a calendar Fiscal Date Pattern to a non-cale ndar Fiscal Date Pattern. How will this impact the Fixed Asset & how do w e ensure that this does not affect the Fixed Assets?

Did not find any documentation on the Oracle site about the impact on Fix ed Asset.

Re: RE: Impact of change of Fiscal Date Pattern

At the company I was at we did a Fiscal Year update about 7 years ago. I remembered this document that helped alot in doing the update. Below is the link to the document from CD Group.

Fiscal Date Pattern update white page

Nick

Back