E9.2 Building an Orchestration to call B0998610 - IsClearTableCacheEnabled_09

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

E1 have given us a lovely UDC (00|RF) and a lovely little BSFN B0998610. This will auto refesh cache for a given database table/s if setup in said UDC.
Some APPLs call the BSFN on the way in and then again on the way out

Example code from P0008
Code:
Form: Work With Fiscal Date Patterns - W0008B
Event: Post Dialog is Initialized

00002 -IsClearTableCacheEnabled_09(B0998610.IsClearTableCacheEnabled_09)
            "P0008" -> szApplicationName [OBNM]
            VA frm_cClearTblCacheEnabled_EV01 [EV01] <- cClearTableEnabled [EV01]

Form: Work With Fiscal Date Patterns - W0008B
Event: End Dialog

00002 -If VA frm_cClearTblCacheEnabled_EV01 [EV01] is equal to ("1","2")
       And VA frm_cUpdateOccurred_EV01 [EV01] is equal to "1"
00003  |   -ClearTableCache_09(B0998610.ClearTableCache_09)
       |         "F0008" -> szTableName [OBNM]
       |         "P0008" -> szApplicationName [OBNM]
00004  End If

I've had an idea of making this work via an auto firing orchestration, attached to Dialog Is Initialised (step 1) and again on End Dialog (step 2)

My question is, how would I add this to my own orchestration and use a variable returned from step 1 in step 2

Or should I just create 1 orchestration that calls both the BSFNs on the way out of a form?

Thanks

John

Unless I'm missing something, this should be simple. Use a custom request of type business function to call the first BF, set your inputs and outputs, then use a 2nd custom request to call the 2nd after a rule to check the output of the 1st call. It looks to me like you'd want Programname and Tablename as inputs to your orch, and no outputs required. Then use a form extension to call your orch on Dialog init and end dialog, and "hardcode" the program/tablename inputs to your form ext orch calls.

HI Dave,

Yeah thats part is simple yes, trick is there are 2 potential hiccups.
1 is a flag called update frm_cUpdateOccurred_EV01 which I need to maybe drive (probably dont maybe I just call the orch regardless on exit update or not)

2 my question was also is it possible to use an output of orch 1 as a variable in orch 2 when they are NOT linked in one orch. In one orch yes, it's simple, but I was maybe going to have 2 orchs fired off seperately.

1st orch fires off on the way IN to a form
2nd orch fires on the way OUT of a form

or

I could just use the one all in one orch on the way out which is like you described above (2 function requests in one orch)

ahh...

to use the output of 1 orch in a 2nd you could add a unused BV field of the correct datatype to your form and map the output there on form extension. You can even hide the field from the enduser so it doesn't get too ugly :)

ahh...

to use the output of 1 orch in a 2nd you could add a unused BV field of the correct datatype to your form and map the output there on form extension. You can even hide the field from the enduser so it doesn't get too ugly :)

That's it yes, where to store that output from step1. I like your idea :)
But I may end up just doing it all in one call on the way out. Are you setup for caching? Cool, now call the update cache BSFN

Back