IE6 - Stuck with "Processing" - especially in remote job sites

Philip Lee

IE6 - Stuck with \"Processing\" - especially in remote job sites

Hi all,

User's IE will show "Processing" after they clicked "Find" or menu link. After that occurred, sometimes the IE hang and user should close it. We found that they were not doing high-loading task, cpu loading for local workstation and App Server do not appear to be high. And this situation is more serious in remote job sites. Do anyone know why it stuck with "Processing"?

And I have changed the registry "MaxConnectionPerServer" mentioned in previous post but do not ensure if it helps? Anyone has experience? Thanks.

OAS 10.1.3.1.0
IE 6 or 7
8.12/8.97.2.0

Cheers,
Philip

Re: IE6 - Stuck with \"Processing\" - especially in remote job sites

We have experienced this in what our North American cousins like to call - the application is "spinning". Our web servers are based in the UK.

We also applied the registry fix that you mention.

We had an escalated issue with Oracles OAS support that provided us with a couple of opatch fixes (that were backported from 10.1.3.3 to specifically fix this issue).

The OAS patches are:-

6390846 (which is the actual fix for 10.1.3.1)
6880880 (which is a patch to opatch in order to be able to apply the other fix).

We were also required to amend the startup parameters in our JDE OC4J containers to the add following:-

-Dajp.keepalive=true

We were also asked to amend our mod_oc4j (in the Apache conf directory) the following :-
<IfModule mod_oc4j.c>
Oc4jCacheSize 400
Oc4jConnTimeout 850
</IfModule>

This has helped with curing this problem.

You should see timeouts occuring in your http error.log and gzip errors occuring in your OAS logs for your OC4J (which is how we identified we had an issue with OAS - persuading JDE / OAS customer support lines was another matter).

Always keep a backup of your OracleAS_1 directory before applying these patches and changing the OAS startup parameters.

You can always put it back if it does not work and then approach JDE / OAS support through the normal channels

Thanks Terry,

Your suggestions seem to be comprehensive. I need to test in our environment. By the way, how can you test it to confirm it works? Because we have it occasionally. And also, do your suggestions replace the change of registry? or both should apply. Thanks.

Besides Terry, any others have the problem? I think it is not uncommon.
confused.gif

Cheers,
Philip

The registry fix worked for a WebSphere 6.1 install, so its specific to OAS.

The registry fix worked for our Webshpere install as well.

Phillip,

You've mentioned IE 6 or 7. Came across a similar issue recently. It turned out to be a local IE / Windows issue. See below - this resolved the problem for the user and let me know if this applies.

Regards,

Sanjeev

ISSUE:
Customer is running EnterpriseOne 8.12 TR 8.96.1.1 using Windows 2003 SP1 Enterprise & JAS servers and XP Pro SP2 for workstations with Internet Explorer 7. When opening any application it hangs in processing and never returns data from a FIND. Customer can open another application and it also gets stuck in processing. Customer tested the issue on workstations with IE 6 and was able to reproduce the same issue. As a test, customer tried Firefox and EnterpriseOne 8.12 works with no issue. Firefox is not a supported internet provider.

SOLUTION:
Nothing is reported in any of the JAS or Enterprise server logs for the applications stuck in processing. After running performance workbench on the debug logs, no delays were captured.

The issue is symptomatic of installing IE7 and then installing an older version of E1 system code, or uninstalling IE7 incompletely.

Had customer check the following registry key value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1\0\win32\

If it is IE6, the value should be c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll - where c:\windows is the windows install directory.
If it is IE7, the value should be c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll - where c:\windows is the windows install directory.

Prior to TR8.96.1.0, the E1 client install will register shdocvw.dll which will set the registry to the IE6 value. Starting with 8.96.1.0, we no longer register this dll.

After changing the registry to use the IE7 ieframe.dll, EnterpriseOne 8.12 applications worked with no issues.

Thanks SKH. But we do not upgrade any IE, so this may not our issue.

We schedule 6th Oct to do a test at regional office and see what happens.

Thanks for SKH. I meet the same issue.
It is ok after I change registry key value.
IE version: 7.0

I came across this issue recently as well. I was trying to configure the IE settings to download the excel export active X files, and various refresh and clear cache settings. I did change a few other IE settings too, which kind of did affect IE overall. Then our local IT infrastructure guy also decided to change it to roaming profiles, with changes to the user's machine permissions. This resulted in the "processing" error.

I will confirm with other JDE users in the same office to see if they all get the same results or not. If not, then I do think it may be an IE issue.

I wish I found this link earlier. Else it would've saved us setting up a new PC and reconfiguring it. Then with TLC adding all the favourites manually too.
frown.gif

I can tell you that this is big issue for us as well, I working with JD Edwards since 15 years, regardless you are using IE6-IE9 the stuck in processing always happens and occasionly. We have done the database tune up as well. Oracle should take serious action on this or atleast support firefox if they claim it is IE setting issue. We have increased the max connection but same issue.

Thanks
AD

Back