How to remove Business view of a Section in RDA

• Thread starter Muhammad Mudasar Ansari
  • Start date

Muhammad Mudasar Ansari

Hello All,

There is conditional group section in our custom report with a business view. We are not fetching any thing from this business view, all calculation is done through event rule. So this this business view is useless in section.
We want to remove this business view from section but could not find any way to do that.

is there anyway to remove the business view from a RDA section?.

Regards,

Muhammad Mudasar Ansari

You may have to create another section and copy all coding to it, and delte old section with BV.

Hi Muhammad,

Ray is right. I'am sure, there is a commercial and/or trial SW on the market, which make more painless and faster the copy the ER to a new section, mainly, if the section has a large amount of ER and deal with a lot of SEC and/or ER scope variables.

What is the scenario? How much code, how many SEC/ER scoped variables are used in the code? Maybe, we can suggest not o nice, but maybe an appeciatable solution.

Regards,

Zoltán

Another way to copy the code would be to create a temporary copy of the report. You can then create your new section with no business view and use visual er compare to copy the code from the orginal section in the copied report to the new section on your actual report. As long as both sections have the same name this should work. It may depend on which release you are on though, this method works in V9.

Hi Jen,

[ QUOTE ]
As long as both sections have the same name this should work. It may depend on which release you are on though, this method works in V9.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know, what could be the difference between release and SP/TS levels regarding this behavour. I suppose, Sections are identified with the internal section IDs, not with the name (description) of the section. Just two arguments:

A#1. You can easily create more sections with identical name (description), so how can it be a unique identifier
A#2. You can easily change the name (desription) of the section, so how can it be a unique identifier (and after renaming, DoSection calls won't loose the link to the section)

...exploring ER code spec in UTB, I am sure, not the name is the key between ER code and Section/Events.

If it worked for you, then I suppose you had a fortune - namely you deleted thesection, and whn you create the new, it got the same Section ID as the deleted old.

Please, let me know, if I am wrong or miss something - and please, do not treat my post as an attack, just a discussion.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back