E9.2 Finding Internal Field ID in RDA

khanxsolo

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to remember how you can view or display the internal ID of a field in RDA.

For example: in the XML output file, the field is referred to as AddressLine1_ID24. In RDA, you only see the name of the field, which is Address Line 1.

I've done this before, but I can't seem to replicate the process or find the documentation that showed me how to do it in the first place. I think I remember it being a tucked away setting or something. Any reminders would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You can use Patwels Object Browser to look at the UBE section
All the fields will have the IDs Order Number(16) means OrderNumber_ID16

Or in OMW before you click Design, click Browse Event Rules.
Find your section, find your variable, right click Show Object IDs and there it is. Rpt R5603B505 Sec 22 Obj 15 means its _ID15

Or, populate the variable with a hardcoded value, run the UBE then look in the XML
Make sure this is in your ini file under UBE
BIPXMLIncludeInvisible=*ALL

Or, UTB in the RDASpecs
Print the ER out, and find your section with the variable
SECTION: On Document Type [GROUP SECTION] (S6) means section 6.
You can use this in UTB F98761 to add the UBE name in R$OBNM and the section in R$GNCID1
Scroll/tab down line by line and you'll find the alias on the right hand window. Say you are looking for MLNM. Find that in zDbRef.szDict and then check the left hand window for column R$GNCID2 Thats the XML name ID

Last edited:
All great methods John. I would simply use Patwels Object Browser. Its the only single tool I know of that will easily show you IDs to any component in any type of object. If it is a JDE object and it has specs with IDs Patwels Object Browser will show it too you.

Thanks Brian. I appreciate your support. You are, and always have been a valuable member of this site and our community.

All great methods John. I would simply use Patwels Object Browser. Its the only single tool I know of that will easily show you IDs to any component in any type of object. If it is a JDE object and it has specs with IDs Patwels Object Browser will show it too you.
Me too :)

Thats' why it's listed first :)

Back