How to locate White Paper based on Document ID on PSFT Customer Connection site

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi List,

How can I locate a white paper on the PSFT Customer Connection site, when I know the Documentation ID (e.g. ott-01-0053)?

It was easy on the Old Knowledge Garden, but it is hopeless on the Customer Connection site (at least for me).

When I search for the ID, I get more hits and though all listed "Solution" mention the Document ID as text, but neither contains it as a downloadable or as a link or as an attachment
crazy.gif

My question is not the mentioned ID specific - it is general.

Any help, guidance will be appreciated.

NOTE: I will post this issue onto the Technical and Developer board too.

Regards,

Zoltán

I usually find it attached to a solution (as you mentioned).

I tried it and found it attached to solution 200783523.

Glad I did too. It looks useful.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your reply.

Yesterday I had also dowloaded this document, attached to Solution ID 200783523 - 1.5 hours prior to I opened this thread. I was also glad to find this useful attachment.

I didn't know that this is ott-01-0053 document.

Why do you think, that this is ott-01-0053 document?
This Document ID does not appear anywhere in the attachment.

As I remember, all Great Old Whitepapers began with a standard header with information, like
* Product
* Suite
* Release
* Document ID
* Date Created
* Date Reviewed
* Date Revised

Are you sure, that this is ott-01-0053 document?

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi List,

Let me quote Marcel Endema's GREAT reply from the Developer's Forum.

I hope, many of you will find it useful too.

Regards,

Zoltán

*************** Marcel Endema Replied on the Developer's Forum *****************************
[ QUOTE ]
I use Solution ID 200971550 and 200971548 to get lists of (all) other Solution ID's (ott and oti).

Marcel

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, you could always use my personal website as a registered user. Notice the "Knowledge Search" button on the left once you log in ? You might find your document under there....

So where does one search for Solution ID's?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi List,

Let me quote Marcel Endema's GREAT reply from the Developer's Forum.

I hope, many of you will find it useful too.

Regards,

Zoltán

*************** Marcel Endema Replied on the Developer's Forum *****************************
[ QUOTE ]
I use Solution ID 200971550 and 200971548 to get lists of (all) other Solution ID's (ott and oti).

Marcel

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Brother of Karamazov,

It is not a "one search" for Solution IDs.

Both Solution IDs contain a list, which is really a "Cross Reference" between the "old" Document ID and "new" Solution ID, where do you can find the document (whitepaper) as Attachment.

Starting from these list, locating the related Solution ID you can locate the whitepaper as well in the attachment - on the bottom of the Solution Detail page.

Please, search for these two Solution ID and open them in the Solution Search of Customer Connection and everything will be clear.

Excuse me, If I wasn't enough clear.

Regards,

Zoltán

Excellent find!

By the way, I think that it is Oracle/PeopleSoft that is not being clear and not you.

For others: Support/Online Support/Search for Solutions is where one finds "Solutions Support"

I have attached the cross-reference from Knowledge Document ID to Solution ID.

Attachments

• 89800-Solution IDs.txt
    29 KB · Views: 1,417
Those are 2 very useful documents !
But, does anyone know of a similar document, containing a list of "business white papers" (i.e. non-technical solutions) ?

Thanks,

Ronny

Hi Ronny,

I opened this thread on the Developers board too, with the same subject. I asked the same there, than you asked here:
[ QUOTE ]
I have tried to locate many-many way further whitepaper cross-reference list(s), mainly for application knowledge (not technical), but I wasn't able to find more

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, check that thread too.

Regards,

Zoltán

All white papers are on my website, if you need them. I made a copy of all financials, distribution and manufacturing before Peoplesoft took everything off. Just use the "Knowledge Search" button after you register.

Hi Jon,

I had already registered long time ago on http://www.erpsourcing.com, but I am not able to login with my nick and password. I wasn't able too register again, because "ERROR: Email address already registered".

I had written the details to you on 27/04/2005 to "[email protected]" e-mail address, which is in your user profile here, but I haven't received any reply up to know.

Please, let me know, which e-mail address do I re-post my mail to get help from you to register again.

Thanks in advance,

Zoltán

I was wondering if anyone else is having a problem opening the attachments once you locate the document?

Diane

AS/400 ERP 8.0 SP22 Fat

Not sure if you are using Mozilla by any chance but I haven't had much luck with anything but IE on the website.

Hi,

I am using IE. Please take a look at solution ID: 200783586. There are 6 attachments at the bottom of this solution and I cannot open any of them. When I click on them, they act like they are starting to open, (a new window appears) but then the window disappears and nothing happens. If I right click the link and try to choose: Save Target As, I get the error message: Internet Explorer Cannot Download... No such interface supported.

Any suggestions?
THANKS! Diane

Jeremy, thanks for the response. I do have Jave installed, the very latest version. I have all the Windows updates, Windows XP professional, version 2002, service pack 2. I have been told to try this:

In IE, go to Tools, and then Internet Options:

On the Advanced tab, click the Restore Defaults button.

On the Programs tab, click the Reset Web Settings Button.

On the security tab, click the Default Level button. Then, click on the Trusted Sites near the top, and add the Peoplesoft website that you are visiting to the list of trusted sites.

This did not work.

Can you open the attachments?

THANKS! Diane

Hi Diane,

I am using also IE and "Save Target As" act as your site, but when I click the attachment, then it opens a new window and after a time the document appears in this window.
(Windows 2000 Professional, IE 6.0)

On your site, the new window closes itself really?
What is your operating system?
Can you download from other sites? (I suppose, yes)

I am really not an internet guru, but:
Q1.) Are you behind a proxy? Maybe it is a proxy issue.
Q2.) Have you checked your FireWall settings and/or any guard like sw which are running and watching on your machine? IMHO it can cause also that.
Q3.) Maybe you can revise your IE Security and Privacy settings too.

Just some shots to the dark:
SH1.) Try to use other browser(s)
SH2.) Try to download and isntall the latest Java engine from www.java.com.

Hope, you will get more and usable help from the others.

Good luck,

Zoltán

Back