How to implement Plant & Equipment maintenance - Xe

tmackin

Reputable Poster
We want to implement P&E maintenance and are looking for anyone who has accomplished this. After reading the documentation I don't get a good understanding of the steps necessary to implement and the sequence of events. We want to use work orders with parts lists and keep an inventory of MRO items. Eventually we would like to create PM schedules and integrate with Fixed Assets. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. TIA

This is not a short subject, but I will give it a shot, trying to stay at the 50,000 foot level.

1. Define your equipment - What level of detail do you want to view equipment maintenance and failure history? This is critical. Maintenance personnel will need a lot more detail than fixed asset accounting. They will share the same table, but there needs can be very different and often conflicting. Make sure you are working with an implementation consultant that understands this.

2. Define your current work processes - preventive, corrective maintenance practices. What are the critical features of your maintenance work process? How are you using work orders today, what information are you collecting from them, and what are you not getting that you want? Here again, maintenance shares functionality with manufacturing and accounting in the work order system. Close coordination is required to make sure requirements are met and conflicts are avoided. Make sure you are working with an implementation consultant that understand the differences and competing interests between simple, manufacturing, and maintenance/service work orders.

4. Make sure that your inventory analysts understand the differences between MRO and production inventory. The way you set up your MRO inventory will be similar to, but may have significant exceptions from, the way that you manage production procurement and inventory. The maintenance implementation must work closely with your distribution team so that both teams understand impacts.

5. The ease with which JDE maintenance is implemented is directly related to the maturity level of the maintenance program to be run on it. If your current maintenance management system already has detailed equipment records, a work order management system, and a preventive maintenance program, there will be a lot less work involved than if you are trying to develop these business processes at the same time you are implementing the software.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi Joel,
I was just going thorugh your thread ,at present I am working on implementation of EAM in my company,& this is first time I am working on this module.
I would like to give you brief idea as what am doing now & then I want some help from you .
I have succesfully completed all setups relating to FA like
Receipt of Equipment thorugh J line type PO & capitalising it ,then creating extension of the same in Equipment master.
Then by using Contract billing I am able to generate billing also(but billing is tried through system G17 so billing through ystem 17 for Equipment is fine?)
Then we will be dealing in cranes where we will have basis as Hours for all transactions up from Billing upto Maintainance.
And whether Contract billing based on hours ( as system wil catch hours from Equipment time billing is possible?)

Now I got stuck at one point like how to track maintainance based on hours in JDE?
I was checking the Equipment PM schdule & things like that,
can you kindly guide me as how to go about it?
I am on 8.12 version.

Thanks & Best Regards.

MANDAR

We've just finished an upgrade project from XE to 8.96
I saw that there is a fatal error about Genarate PM Schedule batch R12807 in
XE version. Just be aware of that. When you run it, it finishes with "memory
violation" error. However, this has been fixed in 8.96.

Best Regards,

Ali KARA
Turkiye
JDE Sr. Functional Consultant
Manufacturing & SCM

Hello,

I try to find some documents on the subject.
Can you provide me an electronic version of the JDE document ?

Thank's in advance

Mandar -

How are you tracking equipment time? Are you using labor time entry, equipment time entry, or meter readings? It is possible to set it up so that one time entry screen feeds both preventive maintenance and costing/billing, if you understand what the system is doing behind the scenes. Otherwise, I refer you to the documentation for PM set up.

Back
Top Bottom