E9.2 How to set up Service Typ-PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE process for Miles or Service Days

ma.gaona

Hi,

I need to setup a Service Type for Preventive Maintenance based on two factors (Service Days and Miles).
In my case I want the R12807 to trigger a WO every 10.000 miles or every year whatever it happens the first.
So for example I have created a Service Type starting on 1st Jan. 2022 and Last completed miles at 1. In theory the WO will be triggered whenever the odometer reaches the 10.000 miles or the 1 st of January 2023. If I make 10.000 miles lets say on 1st Sept 2022, then next schuduled maintenance would be either when the odometer reachs the 20.000 miles or the 1st Sept. 2023. Is this possible?
Any comments, screenshots are welcome!

Thanks in advance
Miguel Angel

Miguel,

The easiest way to visualize the JDE PM System is to think of three common objects; an Alarm Clock, a File Cabinet, and a Copy Machine.
  • The "Alarm Clock" is the Service Interval. In your case you want two Alarm Clock's... One for Miles Interval, the other for Calendar Interval
  • The "File Cabinet" is the Model WO #. It is the original document you want to use when the "alarm clock" rings
  • The "Copy Machine" is the R12807 making a copy of the Model WO# and creating the Assigned WO#.
For your two Alarm Clock's...
  • I would recommend the Miles Interval be set at 10,000 and the Last Completed Miles be set at 1
  • I would recommend you use the Days Interval set to 365 Days with a Last Completed Date filled in with the last Service Date. If you don't know the date, you will have to put a date from which to measure the 365 Day "alarm clock" from
The reason you should use Days instead of Scheduled Date + Frequency = Same Date Each Year is you are wanting to reset the 1-Year Alarm when you reset the Miles Alarm. I think this will be the best way to do this.

Feel free to message me if you need further help.

Back