E9.2 CAM - Setting up W2 Work Order Type

Josh Aldrich LSB

Josh Aldrich LSB

Currently, in our CAM system, we have the 'WM' document type setup for Maintenance Work Orders, and 'W1' for Capital Work Orders. Recently, we have had some requirement changes where they want the 'W1' to be the parent Capital Work Order, and all of the children Capital Work Orders would be of type 'W2'. The reason is that the Funding approvals are tied to the 'W1' document type, but we need to schedule our crews on the individual 'W2' work orders. I have the DMAAIs setup for AAI 1734, and I have the Work Order Activity Rules setup for the W2/3 Work Order combination. However, when I go into the Backlog screen, only the 'WM' and 'W1' work orders will display, and not the 'W2' work orders. Is there additional setup that I need to get those work orders to display?

Check out setup in P40040. You need this record setup correctly to indicate if an order type is a manufacturing order, maintenance work order, etc.

Hi Don
I am new to JDE and have embarked on setting up CAM for maintenance work on certain parts of our cellar. I am needing to do a maintenance plan for the pneumatic air compressor to begin with. The asset is in the FA and now not sure from there where to schedule the preventative maintenance ect.. is there a data model that steps this through? Any guidance will be appreciated.

There are several steps involved in setting up PM's, and how you handle them will depend on your business needs. If you have a JDEtips subscription, there are several good articles there that can help walk you through the setup process. If you want to work with a business partner, there are several out there who can help you with the setup. I've worked with Asset Management Solutions in the past and found them to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful - both JDE-wise and with advice for best business practices.

Back