How to get authorization code for JDE 8.11 Standalone ?

jeromex2009

I have downloaded and installed the JDE Standalone 8.11 and could not login without proper authorization codes. The installation manual mentions to Navigate to the Oracle|PeopleSoft Customer Connection website: http://www.peoplesoft.com/corp/en/support/online_support/spc.jsp to get the utility SetupOneWorldB9.exe for Standalone SPC Update. However, this link leads to Oracle customer support login. Is Standalone only available for existing customer?

I also tried to use SPC utility downloaded from http://licensecodes.oracle.com/e1.html to generate the authorization code, but it does not work.

How can I get proper authorization code for standalone 8.11 or 8.12?

You must log in, and download the utility from Oracle, or call Oracle tech support to ask for an SPC code. (800) 289-2999.

Ken, thanks for your reply.

I was able to login to Solution Explorer by add BDSEC=ROBIN in JDE.INI. However, I got error message on Web login: "An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator."

So I was not able to login to Web applications. I have tried different JDBC and JRE versions, and did the DSN configuration by following the instruction in 8.12 standalone guide (8.11 standalone guide was obsolete due to apparent dismatch with actual installation).

Since 8.11 did not work out, I downloaded 8.12 standalone from oracle edelivery and encountered setup error at the begining (see attached screen). Oracle has new media packs for 8.12 standalone (B30802s). The revised installation guide for 8.12 standalone shows the zipped files as B29926s.

My Windows enviroment: Window XP Professional SP2 (Chinese version). And I installed IBM Web Sphere Express 5.0 on C:\Websphere\Express and installed JDE on D:\E811.

Can you help on either 8.11 or 8.12?

Thanks in advance,

Jerome

Attachments

• 128773-E1812StandAloneSetup.jpg
    128773-E1812StandAloneSetup.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 108
Unfortunately, the setup error seems to be blank, with just the buttons for OK and Cancel (I think ... my Mandarin is years out of use, and the characters are a little small
crazy.gif
), so I'll try to help with E811.

Was there a JDBJ.INI file to copy from the CD image? If not, the change that needs to be made is to make sure your JDBJ.INI has a line like this:

[JDBj-BOOTSTRAP DATA SOURCE]
databaseInstance=JDELocal

It is OK and Cancel
smile.gif
. The error message is blank, and it occurred right after starting the setup. I tried it on both Window XP Professoinal and Vista, the defect remains same.

For 8.11, I checked the copied jdbj.ini, it is JDELocal for databaseinstance.

8.11 installation guide said to copy this INI to folder C:\E811\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF, however there is no such folder in 8.11 installation. So I followed the instruction in 8.12 installation guide to copy the INI into this folder: C:\E812\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\WEB-INF\classes. And it is the only location that I could find a jdbj.ini in 8.11

It seems that latest 8.11 is more close to 8.12. But the installation guide has not been updated and it causes all the confusion and frustration. Then the 8.12 media packs are updated and it is not proper tested and quality assured.

As a accounting firm in Toronto, we are evaluating different accounting software for consulting and education purpose, and found the quality of ERP packages are discouraging.

Well, the install on Vista would not have worked. StandAlone installs MSDE, and that is incompatible with Vista. I haven't seen the redone E812 StandAlone. I don't suppose you could look on the DVD image and say if it's trying to install SQL Server 2005 Express? That should work on Vista.

For E811, it looks like you've got the version that installs OAS instead of WebSphere. There is a revised manual from September 2006 that covers this version. You did copy the JDBJ.INI to the right place.

After that step, did you copy the MS SQL Server JDBC .JAR files to C:\E811\system\oc4j\j2ee\home\applib? Then install Java SDK 1.4.2, and copy the 4 folders (bin, include, jre, lib) to \E811\system\JDK.

These steps are very similar to the E812 manual. I will take a look and see if they revised the E812 Installation Manual lately.

Please don't judge E1 based on the StandAlone. E1 is a complex configuration, but very flexible, and I'm sure a local Oracle business partner would be happy to walk you through the full product and features, if you don't mind the sales calls. (So would we for that matter.)

Ken, thanks for your patience.

It makes sense to me now that the E11 standalone version I got is running on OAS instead of Websphere.

I did copied the MS JDBC driver (SP2) jar files to D:\E811\system\oc4j\j2ee\home\applib and copy Java SDK 1.4.2_16 folders (bin, include, jre, lib) to D:\E811\system\JDK.

However, after checked the registry, I found the E11's key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JDEEdwards\HTML WebServer points to d:\E811\system\oc4j\oc4j\j2ee\home\lib (not applib).

So I tried two ways to workaround:
1. Change the registry to applib
2. copy MS JDBC files to d:\E811\system\oc4j\oc4j\j2ee\home\lib

Both ways did not work. I still got the error message.
For second way, I got some port conflict in Web server server startup (see attached screen).

Do you know where I can find the revised manual for E11 standalone which runs on OAS instead of Websphere ?

I did check the DVD image of E12, and could not find SQL Server 2005 program. MSDE is the only one I could find under ThirdParty folders.

I don't mean to install E12 on Vista, just want to double-check the installation failure. I thought it might be due to the Chinese versoin of Windows, so I tried to install new E12 on an English version of Windows XP Professional today, and I got same installation problem.

I was wondering why Orcacle was not aware of this show-stopper in E12 standalone. How can we report the defect to Oracle?

Attachments

• 128833-E11Standalone.jpg
    128833-E11Standalone.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 100
Well, the revised manual for E811 with OAS looks a lot like the E812 manual.

It looks like you've followed the manual pretty well. Let's dig a little deeper to diagnose what's going on. In the area where you copied the JDBJ.INI file (webclient\WEB-INF\classes), you should also see a JAS.INI and JDELOG.PROPERTIES file. If you read through those, you should see where it is trying to save log files. Could you see the log files are where the INI files say they are, and read through them for errors?

Or Zip up the log files and INI files, and attach them to a reply, and we could probably diagnose a little faster.

As for errors with Oracle products, the tech support line would like to hear about problems, but let's see what we can do first so we can be specific about what they're doing wrong.

Ken, the log and ini files are attached. Thanks for your time to help investigate on this.

Attachments

• 128893-logs.zip
    44.1 KB · Views: 94
From the first JDEROOT.LOG file, we see "[DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] ... No suitable driver" which means that the 3 JDBC .JAR files weren't in the right place.

It looks like you fixed that problem, because the next JDEROOT.LOG file shows "[DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] ... [SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]The requested instance is either invalid or not running." Which means it can't find the database for some reason.

If you have SQL Server Client Tools installed, either SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005, then we can do this fairly quickly. If not, then it might be better to uninstall everything, then reinstall.

Option 1: Using the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, or Management Studio, connect to the JDELocal database, and see what you can find. Most likely, the databases referred to are not even mounted, and you'll have to manually attach the databases. The other possibility is that the databases weren't registered properly with the system, and through the SQL client tools, you need to run C:\WINDOWS\System32\instcat.sql to register them properly.

Option 2: When you went through the routine of trying E811, then E812, you probably uninstalled the StandAlone client entry that you saw, but did you uninstall the JDELocal database? There is an entry for that starting MS$SQLSERVER (or something like that) in the Add/Remove Programs from Control Panel. After uninstalling the StandAlone software, you have to uninstall that too. Once both those entries are gone, then try installing the version you wanted.

Hi, Ken, good news, I finally got the Standalone 811 up-and-running.

I guess the root cause is that I have a SQL Server Express 2005 instance installed prior to installation of MSDE. So MSDE is not the default local instance and is not listening on the default port.

So I installed 811 standalone on another fresh machine without any SQL Server instance and VS 2003 & 2005 installed.

It seems that the MTR for VS 2003 is not necessary. And .Net 1.1 should be good enough.

This is a fantastic forum site for JDE. Thank you very much for your generosity to help me along the way and sharpen my learning curve.

I have got two more questions:

1. Can E1 Tools 8.97 support Standalone?
2. What is the best way to connect Crystal Reports to E1 Standalone?

Jerome

I haven't worked with 8.97 yet, but the installation manual for the Deployment Server (the piece you will need for the StandAlone client) looks like it installs the same way. So theoretically, you could manually unzip the files and copy them to your system directory under E811.

Practically speaking, there are other problems which might prevent you from using 8.97.

1) With 8.97, SQL Server 2005 Express is supported, which makes it usable on Vista. Are you prepared to convert the databases?
2) The new Tools Release requires a new version of the local JAS server. You'll have to install that somehow.
3) With the new Tools Release, comes new JAS server software, which requires regeneration of all serialized objects. This is E811, so you'll have to do all that manually.

Past versions, from Xe to E810, where the web client portion was not installed, you could have easily unzipped the files, and you would have the new Tools Release working.

You have 2 choices if you want to try 8.97 on StandAlone: plunge into all the technical details to do the changes outlined above, or convert everything so that the StandAlone doesn't depend on the JAS server piece, i.e. turn it back into a fully functioning fat client from before E811. Either way, it probably defeats the purpose of what you're trying to evaluate.

Second question: I believe Crystal Reports depends on ODBC drivers, so you could connect to the MSDE database and see what happens. I'd have to ask anybody else out there if they'd tried this, because I have not.

A version of Crystal Reports is downloadable and available to you should you decide to go with the full EnterpriseOne product.

By the way, the Visual Studio .NET is needed if you're going to play around with developing business functions or NERs.

Since E1 811 standalone database tables use abbreviation for column (field) name, where can I find the description of the columns of each tables, and the relationship between tables?

Thanks in advance,

Jerome

Back