How do I execute shell command from JDE Application.

deepakpradhan

Hello Everyone!

I have a very crucial situation.
I have scheduled the UBE that runs 3 times a day.
All it does is reads the staging tables(written by passport) and builds the F4801 table.
In the process, I have Work Flow that sends email if there is any error. upto this is fine.

My main problem is how do I FTP or RSH to another unix server to when this is done. I need to automate the process on other system when this is done.

All this was fine when UBE was run thru RUNUBE.
Please help - DEADLINE!!!!

Kind Regards
Deepak Pradhan
OneWorld Xe 733.3 on AIX/RS6000

Deepak,

I assume that when you where using RUNUBE you had the whole process wrapped up in a shell script and that when RUNUBE finished, the script continued on to do the FTP or RSH process. Now you are running from the Scheduler and need to execute the same process after the job completes. Yes?

Take a look at business function B34A1030 "Execute External Program". It will allow you to execute a unix command line from within a UBE. Remember that this command will be executed under the context of the user running your OneWorld services (jdeb733x).

There have been a number of threads on this topic in the past. Try searching the list on "shell". That should bring up some more info.

Regards

Justin Miller
Teamspot Oy
[email protected]

working with B7332 and XE on AS/400, NT, Solaris and AIX

Deepak,

Another thought:

If this is already working for you from RUNUBE, could you perhaps use cron to execute your job three times a day instead of the Scheduler?

Justin Miller
Teamspot Oy
[email protected]

working with B7332 and XE on AS/400, NT, Solaris and AIX

This is exactly the stuff that was bothering us.
Now that I know, let me try to implement this.
SINCERE THANKS TO YOU

Back