How can I get a check stub to print 2x

Victoria

Good Afternoon,
I have been asked to modify the R04572 so that the stub info prints twice to accommodate a three part check with the second stub being the one that is attached to the backup. I added a second group section but it prints a header for every invoice. I copied the ER's and the variables exxactly from the original section. Has anyone attempted this before? Thanks!!

I would like to help you but you did not display your system setup. I wonder how to advise.

Not sure how you did the customization as well. Its pretty tough to imagine, maybe you could attach screenshot or something.

Good Morning,
Thank you for replying. We are on JD Edwards Enterprise One release E12. I am using OMW to make the change. Attached is a screen shot of the RDA, I added the section "Stub Detail 2" as a group section joined to the payment section on the payment group control number (HDC) and the check control number (CKC) from the F04573. I copied the event rules exactly from the orig "stub detail" section. I had to remove any column headings as they would pring for each invoice and I cannot get it to print the correct amount for the check total field.

I dont think you shd be using a sub-section join. Using this type of section, means it is attached to the main section. You will be some repeated printouts. Rather, i would suggest you create a custom section, and control the printout via some conditions.

This is pretty vague but i hope it might give you some new ideas on how to accomplish. Rgds.

Possible Solution 1.
Maybe you can define a global variable for the key field (Payment Group control). Initialize the value of this variable in the begining of stub 1 section. Then, create a new section, Stub 2 with F04573 in the business view and call it at the very end of Stub 1 section's parent section.

Solution 2
May be you can create a work file and in the workfile define all the fields that you need printed on Stube 2 section. In the Do Section of Stub 1 you can insert all the fields in the workfile. Create a business view over the workfile. Call the new section, stub 2 with the business view created as the base at the end of completion of stub 1 section.

Thank you both for these excellent suggestions. I think a combo of both will work.

Back