Hi...any body kows about JDE Upgradation process?

srinivasjde

Hi to all members & my best wishes to everybody.

Iam new mwmber to this group.

I need some documents or notes on JDE UPgradation.

I want know about the JDE Upgradation process.

If any body having the information or notes plz forward to me.
I will appriciate for your great help.

Thanks & Regards
Srinivas

Hello!

all of the upgrade guides are available on the Oracle/PeopleSoft/J.D. Edwards support site (also known as Knowledge Garden to old JDE people). Check there, as there are amany different guides depending upon which platform you are on and which release of the software you are on.

If you have a specific question or issue, please post it on JDELIST and I'm sure the fine people that frequent these boards would be more than happy to give their 2 cents...

I agree with the former reply, you can get a lot of bedtime reading material, as well as an overview of the process from the upgrade manuals on-line.

However, I can not more strongly suggest, that if you are performing an upgrade, to invest in someone that has experience performing upgrades on your specific platform(s). There are many things that are not in the manuals, or are just plain wrong. I, and many on this forum can attest the pain you can get yourself into quickly if you are attempting the process without experience or the assistance of someone with experience. While I certainly applaud anyone's attempt at learning the process, "book learning" is not going to prepare you for what happens in the real upgrade scenario.

Plus, it's better to have to blame a consultant for a botch, than to take the blame yourself!
wink.gif

I have no idea what "upgradation" is. Maybe its an Upgrade Graduation ?

Or maybe, as my colleague suggests, its an Upgrade Migration ?

However, when I consult my thesaurus, its quite obvious. Gradation is an activity - ie, to Grade , to mark or to group. A group, of course, can refer to a number of people. Therefore, the term "upgradation" in effect means "up yours".

I certainly hope that this consultant isn't trying to tell us to provide documentation for that....

I actually know quite a bit about the "JDE Degradation" process. Essentially, you install JDE, perform little to no maintenance on the system and in five or six years, complain that it is too hard to keep the system up to date...so you start looking hard at SAP or some other "greener pasture".

At least, that is what some folks have told me about the process. I wouldn't know anything of the sort. 100% error free system here.

Back