Grid Format Question ?

Christian Audet

Christian Audet

Staff member
Hi List,

Since i'm not using grid often I have this question.

When you create a grid format, what is your way to give other user access to this format?

Christian Audet

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Christian,

Go into User Overrides (P98950) and copy the user's Grid Format (type=GF) record for the application(s) in question to either the other user(s) or group(s) you want to have the same grid format. You can also copy it to *PUBLIC and all users will have the same grid format, provided they do not already have their own grid formats defined.

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, SP15.1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6

Thank you Don,

One More question, I've heard so many time that User Override were a problem, do you know any problem with this user override copy ?

Christian Audet

I don't know of any problem with the copy itself. Where I've heard of trouble is that the user overrides themselves get corrupted, so you have to delete them and re-create them. For this purpose, whenever I make a user override public, I will usually copy the user override to a separate user ID as well. That way if the *PUBLIC user override becomes corrupted, I can at least try to just copy the user override from that separate user ID back to *PUBLIC.

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, SP15.1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6

Don,

Thank you Again!

Christian Audet

Hi Christian,
USer overrides have a lot of problem with SP16.1(lost data, user override missed...). I've solved this problem coming back (installing SP16) and following a GATS Document. This document says to install on client Explorer 5.5. Because a OneWorld DLL has a conflict with an Explorer 5.0 DLL (xml.dll).
OK?
Gigi

gigi,

Do you still have this document ? If yes, is it possible to post it on the forum ?

Thank

Christian

Hi Christian,
You can find this document on Knowledge Garden. You have to search the document: GSSTF-01-0363
This isn't the document I read but is similar. The difference is that I've installed IE 5.5 because with IE 5.0 the problem was not solved.
Gigi

hi christian,

we also had a similar problem after upgrade to sp17.1. Users could not save
the grid format on TS. Applied IE55 sp2 (as JDE suggested) and works now.
Also, one local fat client had a message saying the system is unstable
...blah blah. Installed IE55sp2 ( win95) and voila, works now.

eddie

Gigi,

I'm not able to find the document on the Knowledge Garden.

Is it the correct name ?

Christian

Hi Christian,

Yes, User Overrides can cause problems.

They do mainly when the Form have been changed after the User Override creation.

Good habit to delete and re-create them after custom mods or ESUs.

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

HI,
you have to log in KG, push "Search", in the search field insert GSSTF-01-0363 and select Product. Push search and you'll find 2 record.
Gigi

Gigi, I finaly found it !

I don't know if I'm the only one not to like the fact that on the "new knowledge Garden Search" you have to search at two different place for knowledge and SAR / Call ?

That's why I was not able to find it.

Thank you again.

Christian Audet

we had this problem but has been resolved since applying SP17_15.

Regards,

Vici Etheridge

Hi,

I read the GATS document mentioned and it looks like it is saying 5.0 and higher for for 15.1 and higher, not 5.5. Is there somewhere else that refers to 5.5.

We are on Xe 17.1 and are having alot of trouble with lock ups and lost information in our apps with custom grids. Our Explorer version is 5.0.

Please let me know if anyone has more info on this.

Thanks,
Angie

XE, SP17.1, Update2, Win2K, SQL2000, Citrix

Back