getUDC

Wes_D

Well Known Member
Okay, we've changed DD CLMG to be a UDC code. We setup the cat code and added values. Now in ER, we use getUDC BSFN to validate if the value entered is correct. We only pass the DD item and the value the user entered. The BSFN keeps returning error code: 4375 - Invalid Parameters.

We use the same technique to validate ROUT and we get the correct result. Any idea why it doesn't work for CLMG?

Thanks, Wes

Hi Wes,

I have used X0005 Get UDC BSFN many-many times without problem.

I always populate the following fields:

szDataDictionaryItem
szSystemCode
szRecordTypeCode
szUserDefinedCode
mnKeyFieldLength
szLanguagePreference
cSuppressErrorMessage

I suppose, one, more or all of SystemCode, RecordTypeCode and KeyFieldLength are reqired.

I am suprised, that your technique work correctly on ROUT.

Please, populate the mentioned fields and let us know your result!

Good luck,

Zoltán

Wes,

Changes to existing data dictionary items are not automatically jitied to a JDE/PS client. To get them to a client you must delete dddict.xdb, dddict.ddb. ddtext.xdb, ddtext.ddb, gbltbl.xdb and gbltbl.ddb from the client b7/pathcode/spec folder. These files will then be jitied to the client with the latest changes included.

I deleted the DD tables from the SPEC folder and now it's working.

Zoltán

The reason we only pass on the DD field is that JDE would get the correct UDC code form DD table and that if someone decides to change the DD, it will be reflected in the program without having to make a change.

Thanks for you help.

Wes

I found similar issue. Worked fine in DV with only SY, RT, and KY, returning DL01. Failed in PD with 4375. Replaced with F005 fetch single, after wasting time trying things in PD. Such a fickle beast.

Back