E9.2 Form Request

Chandra Chaganti

Is there any possibility to enter data from two orchestration input fields into one form field?

yes, you'd use a scripting step (or logic extension? i haven't yet gotten to play with those so not sure) to manipulate the 2 fields however you'd want for the single FR field.

Here's a simple groovy to concat a phone # prefix with the # for instance

JavaScript:
import com.oracle.e1.common.OrchestrationAttributes;
import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;
HashMap<String, Object> main(OrchestrationAttributes orchAttr, HashMap inputMap)
{
  HashMap<String, Object> returnMap = new HashMap<String, Object>();
  // Add logic here
  String outPhone = (String)inputMap.get("Prefix") +"-"+ (String)inputMap.get("Phone Number");

returnMap.put("Phone Number Complete", outPhone);

return returnMap;
}

You can also use text substitution in the form request. ${Prefix}-${Phone Number} is a valid input in a form request. In the transformation it will prompt for two inputs, Prefix and Phone Number.

oh wow i had no clue that might work!

@Kevin Long stay tuned, I have a question involving variables/text substitution i'll type up today, i suspect you might have run into it

Hi @DaveWagoner @Kevin Long

Thanks for the replay.

But my requirements are a little different. First needs to enter the PO number and next PO type. Because the field control exit has an ER code to validate both PO number and type based on each field length .

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here, can you take a screenshot showing what you're trying to do?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here, can you take a screenshot showing what you're trying to do?
Requirement : need to enter fist pallet(ORCH input) and second case(ORCH input) to same form field Case or Pallet Id (I) (ID 44).

Technically it's not possible from form request design and record a process.

but some how I managed to achieve it. thanks for your help @DaveWagoner @Kevin Long

1693379021236.png

Done as below:
  1. From form request clicked manage and export file.
  2. extracted exported file and modified xml as below.
1693378677075.png

3.saved file and imported.

Last edited:
Woah!!! Interesting. So it's a single "smart field" that reads length and ER code fires after control exit to handle the data, which makes a dual input like this work OK?

I want to see this ER code next! I assume you did this so that someone scanning a license plate doesn't have to manually click on a different form field in between scans, they can just scan twice.

Very fascinating!

I would have thought this would just override whatever was in it first...Is this not the case? Are you saying it somehow appends the second map onto the end of the first???

I believe Chandra is implying that the "field exit & changed" event is firing after each entry, and there is custom code in there to read and process what's in there based on length to determine if it's a Pallet or a Case, then process the field each time.

If my understanding is correct this is a really neat use case for scanning applications

I believe Chandra is implying that the "field exit & changed" event is firing after each entry, and there is custom code in there to read and process what's in there based on length to determine if it's a Pallet or a Case, then process the field each time.

If my understanding is correct this is a really neat use case for scanning applications
It's exactly correct

I love it, because half of the headache of non-native scanning applications (where you have to painstakingly program in the scan order to make sure fields get filled properly) is solved here, you scan each thing into the same field. If we could "tag" a field in barcode we could get away from relying on length. Strip out the tag from the code itself in processing.

Very cool, I will keep this in mind as I see use cases here, great idea Chandra!

Back