Fixed Asset Report in CSV

Deon

I've got a custom Fixed Asset Report with rollups. The users want to be able to execute it as either a PDF or export to CSV.

It's beautifully formatted in PDF of course. The CSV is missing one column. I've set the horizontal grid spacing to 52 and lined all of the columns up as they should be. Nothing overlaps. I can NOT get one column to show up in the CSV output.

Well, actually it does show up on total lines, but in the column of the data item to the left.

Please see the attached PDF. When it is exported to CSV, the Disposal Cost column is missing. The EQ ST column has disposal cost values on the total lines.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 154568-R55123101 example.pdf
    183.5 KB · Views: 139
Hi Deon,
[ QUOTE ]
and lined all of the columns up as they should be

[/ QUOTE ]
Your pdf shows your columns are NOT lined up "as they should"
blush.gif

The problem is, generally speaking, your design is unique - it canNOT answer both requirements, at the same time.
In other words you need two different reports - one for pdf, and another for csv.
Copy the original, modify its Print Setup to output to csv, and (when prompted) change its spacing to 52.
Next, add three to five pics between columns. Finally, change each column size (that is its heading size) to be inside the 52 markers.
It is easier for Group sections than it is for Columnars or Tabulars, is it not
grin.gif

PS Next time please post the development question on the Developers forum. You will find you get faster (and usually more competent) replies
tongue.gif

Here are a few additional points to add to Adrian's great answer. <ul type="square"> [*]When you want to output to both PDF and CSV, you need two versions.[*]The PDF version would follow your normally formatting.[*]The CSV version needs to have one and only one report column within a grid column.[*]No report column should span grid columns.[/list] Like Adrian posted, it is much easier to accomplish this by making the spacing between columns larger.<ul type="square"> [*]Unlike Adrian, I have had success in exporting columnar and tabular sections.[*]When you open the CSV with Excel, you will get one column of report data in each Excel column and there will be no blank columns.[*]Depending on how the CSV will be used, you might want to remove any level break footers in the CSV version because the aggregates in the level break footers will be values in the CSV file, rather than formulas.[/list]Brad

Back