Fix Current on new 9.0 Upgrade

Kevin_Gray

Hi Everyone,

We're in the early stages of an 8.10 to 9.0 upgrade and we have decided to download and apply all the Fix Current ESU's for 9.0. Does anyone actually do this? When I started it last week there were 933 ESU's for 9.0 (not that we need them all though) when searching for Fix Current in the Change Assistant. I've started it but it seems like a pretty big process. Does anyone have any opinions on doing this process?

Also going forward we plan to do data only upgrades to the PY and PD environments (probaby several times) so do I need to reapply all these ESU's (skipping the spec merge) or does the planner environment know of these changes introduced by all these ESU's.

We were planning to wait for Update 1 but we need to get this project moving. Plus the Updates are usually a month or so behind by the time the become GA anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

We just upgraded. We only took the ESU's that we needed. Baseline and ESUs combined were less than 200. that was for 8.10 to v9.0

Hey Starrjos,

Thanks for the response. Did you do this all by Change assistant? How did you apply them (10 at a time, 50,100, all)? To all environments at once or did you have to apply them different times for each environment?

Thanks.
Kevin

I downloaded all of them first (using CA). Make sure after you download the baseline ESU's that you disable that option for all the other ESU's....othewise CA will download the baseline all over again.....this is a setting in your preferences.

Aftwards I just applied the ESU's based on module by grouping them up....and I applied several at a time to DEV.

I applied all the ESU's to my other environments later on using JDE in the Planner environment. This included PS900

Finally I built my packages.

Don't know if that answers your questions....

I've taken customers to a "fix current" by using the change assistant. It wasn't too difficult since CA is now pretty much automatic. I think there are various schools of thought about where to go as far as "fix current" is concerned - but realistically, take the planner ESU's and the baselines and you should be ok except for any issues the functional team raises....

Thanks for your response Jon.

Originally we had taken the latest planner and the baselines but there were little issues here and there so we decided to go with the fix current. I have to say the Change Assistant work quite well for this type of mass updating. It's slow going but not too bad.

Thanks,
Kevin

Back