Fiscal Year Annual Close

David2000

Dear All

I have a problem when I close the year 2003

when I close the year 2003 the system carry forword the P/L Accounts to the Bal Forword Coloum in the Trail Balance and appear

There is No problem with the Retained Earning

my problem is that I do Not want to show the Balance Forword for the P/L accounts in the trial Balance because this affect the Commulitave amounts

Thanks

If your AAIs are OK (GLG6 for starts of P&L accounts and GLG12 ends of P&L accounts) you should NOT see the balance forward column onto standard Trial Balances (no matter about F0902 - APYC field - populated for both BS and P&L accounts).

Hope this helps,

Carlo

Dear Carlo

I check the GLG6 , GLG12 and every things is ok but I faced the same problem

So did you have in mind any things else may effect the Closing

Probably I did not get your point. Please explain me if:
case 1) your issue is related to GBAPYC field (F0902) populated for P&L Accounts [this is not an issue for JDEdwards way of working]
case 2) your issue is related to a specific JDE report / Trial Balance result (please tell me the object / report name).

Regards,

Carlo

Case 1) I have no problem for GBAPYC balances it's correct after the closing
Case 2 ) this is the problem ( viewing ) because I do not want to see the balance Forword for the P&L accounts but also I don't want to solve it by report modification because this is not the idle way

I hope I can explain my problem to you

Thanks

Hi David

Using P0902P1 Account Balance By Month inquire on a balance sheet account and on a pnl account

You will notice that for a balance sheet account the balance forward field is visible and populated and forms part of the month cumulative balance.
You will notice that for a pnl account the balance forward field disappears and that the cumulative balance is made up purely of the monthly movements in the year.

The balance forward field is derived from the APYC field which in the F0902 has values for both BS and Pnl. OneWorld will determine based upon the GLG6 whether the account being reviewed is Pnl vs balance sheet and will include the balance of APYC within the cumulative for BS items only.

OneWorld requires the APYC field for Pnl accounts to allow companies to do inception to date reporting.

I make the assumption that your reports are custom and therefore think that they have been written as inception to date rather than using the account balance.

Regards

Dear lawrence

Thanks for your information

You are right for all what you said but the problem that I face the same problem when I run the Standard OneWorld Trial Balance Report ( R094121 )

I didn’t had any Problem with PNL Cumulative Balance but the problem that I find the Pnl records in the Balance Forward Column

I don’t Know what the Problem I check GLG6 , GLG12 and It’s defined correctly for all companies

I tried to close Company by company but same problem

I check the Retained ending amounts and it’s Ok

I follow up all the procedure for Year End Close

Did you thinks that there is a Bug or a problem with the Annual Close Report in One World XE because this is the First year for the system

The Service Pack 21 installed so did you thinks I need to install any updates

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom