Fetch file data on users local C drive from Web interface

Bfudala

Bfudala

Good Day All,

I have a challanging requirement. I need to do the following:

When the AP user is in the Voucher Entry Application I need to populate a custom field added to the application with information that is located on the users local C: Drive, automatically. I have been unable to figure out how I can read the Users local drive from the E1 Web session to populate the field.

Any Ideas or suggestions would be great.

Note: As we have many users worldwide doing this function it is not feasible to map the local drive to a share.
The information that is needed is written by a seperate imaging system for the Invoice completely outside of E1.
So the solution needs to be able to read the local drive and fetch and write the information to the custom field from the E1 Web interface.

Our Environment
Unix Enterprise Server
Unix Jas Server
E1 - E811 Base Tool Release 8.96E1
Oracle 10g Database

Thanks

Brent Fudala
JDE/Optio Techno/Functional

For web clients this gets tricky. I did create a general purpose file upload module in Xe for use in HTML/Full/Citrix clients that is probably similar to what you need, but it requires the end user to select a file. For web clients this involves several "non-standard" JDE coding techniques, namely embedded javascript and a servlet written in Java. Basically for HTML clients a form is opened that requires them to select a file (the embedded javascript), once they select a file, the javascript does a post to the Java servlet which processes the file and returns a response to the HTML APPL.

I imagine you would have to do something similar, unless there are now system functions or controls in your release that does this sort of thing.

All,

Her is an update to my issue. I have created an IE plug in and placed on the tool bar. What this button does is reads the local file and places the information on the system clipboard. Once the user clicks on the button it copies the information to clipboard and the user can tab or click in the custom field and right click and paste the information from the clipboard.

I am still trying to work out how to be able to set focus on the field I need and do the paste automatically.

Any Ideas on how to accomplish this second portion much appreciated.

Hi,
you can write a jsp for file upload (there several examples in WWW), but do not create any push button or text box on it, just pass the local filepath as parmeter. Call it with javascript out of a Text control (see message #141801). In the jsp-code upload the file to a shared folder and close the page.
Write a BSFN which reads the file from the shared folder.
That simulates a onclick upload from local drive and should work on all client operating systems and with firewalls.

Best reagrds,
Carsten

Back