F42119, F0911, etc. - Large File Purges

pgravely

Hello, all World shops and best wishes from NC, USA. I am looking for information on the guidelines various companies have used in determining what data to purge from files like F42119, F0911, F0311, F43199, etc. I am OK on the ourge procedures from Knowledge Garden and alos custom programming. What I am looking is the general guidelines -- things like all POs over 12 months, all SO history over 24 mints, etc. Also, please advise if any problem with deleting the next status 999 lines from F4211, especially text lines. Thanks!

Quest has a major initiative with JDE to provide Purge and archive tools and
scripts. JDE will host a Webinar late January early February to review
customer experiences with these.

Director Solutions Delivery
WolrdSoftware Division
J.D.Edwards

My company has developed a software product that does purging and archiving, and we have developed scripts and procedures specifically for JDE. These scripts also take integrities into account.

The scripts were initially developed in collaboration with JDE's GSS group in Denver. They were then 'battle tested' at very large World client (several hundred million F0911 records spanning multiple environments).

The "JDE Module" for ARCTOOLS currently includes the following files: F0911, F0311, F0411/413/414, F4301/4311/4314/43121/43199. More development is planned to address the sales order files, manufacturing and other functional areas.

If you would like additional information, please contact me at [email protected] .

Back