Exclude Locations From MRP Calculations

BobAJones

We need to create a location called Quarantine that is not included in MRP's calculations. This location would be used for all nonconforming components and finished goods.

Is this possible? Could anyone explain how to set this up?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

One solution is
When you move the item into the Quarantine location by stock transfer or adj., specify a lot status code specific like B or Q for the "To Location", this status will be specific for the quantity in this location. Exlude this status from the MRP calculation in the PO.
You can develop develop a very simple query to control that item in the Quarantine location have the right lot status.
If you manage item by lot or serial number, this solution is a little bit more complex to implement as the lot itself as a status.

Regards,
Regis

One solution is
When you move the item into the Quarantine location by stock transfer or adj., specify a lot status code specific like B or Q for the "To Location", this status will be specific for the quantity in this location. Exlude this status from the MRP calculation in the PO.
You can develop develop a very simple query to control that item in the Quarantine location have the right lot status.
If you manage item by lot or serial number, this solution is a little bit more complex to implement as the lot itself as a status.

Regards,
Regis
Hi Regis,

I realize this was an old issue, Does JDE already have option to exclude certain location from MRP and On Hand calculation now?, or if this is the only way to achieve it, can we automate the stock transfer with changing the lot status to specific code "Q" (using import data, etc), and I cannot find the "lot status code" in Item Transfer menu, I only can find "Reason code", is that the what you mean with Lot Status Code?

Hello, R3482/R3483 has an option to ignore the Lot status based on PO setup. However to ignore a particular location, would require to define the status code in P41024 for item/branch so that the quantities on this location won't be considered for MRP supply.
There is no option as such in Inventory transfer for lot status change, however Inventory reclassification P4116 can be used which can update the Lot status.

1681126346747.png

Thanks,
Vinay

Back