Event Rule changes work different between Fat and Web Client

bthompson

We are upgrading from Xe to JDE 9.0 Tools 8.98.4.3. I have made event rule changes and have it successfully working on my FAT Client. When I build a package and push this change to the server I get different results when I run the application on a Web Client. Any suggestions on things to look at would be greatly apprecitated.

What exactly is different and/or not working? What app server are you using? Are you using the same app server locally that you are using on the JAS sever? I assume you did a build/deploy for the JAS server? Any BSFNs invloved, did they get built/deployed on the enterprise server?

I have a while statement that reads the User role(s) in the P95921. It compares the Role to a custom UDC to see if that role is "authorize" to view confidential information for Search Type for applicants, employee, etc. On my FAT install my code works and will read all roles that are assigned to the User and display correctly. On the Web it seems like it only looks at the first Role, like it's not looking at my Fetch Next Statement. I can not figure out how to debug on the web client or if I even can. I can not Run HMTL Application through OMW, we are still doing configuration for our 9.0 install and haven't research that issue yet. I did not use any BSFN in my code change and I have attached a copy of my code.

We only have our deployment server and app server. Our app server is iSeries V7R1 and we are running Websphere. When I built the update package it was built for both the Enterprise Server and Client, but only deployed to the Enterprise Server. We currently only have 2 FAT clients for our 9.0 install.

Thanks for your reply and I hope I have answered all your questions.

Attachments

• 171797-HR Confidential Information.doc
    1.6 KB · Views: 96
I guess what I would try would be to put something visible on the APPL like some sort of temporary version number in a text field on the form so you can visually verify that the build is getting deployed to the JAS server. Also, since you are reading from a system table you may want review OCM mappings and database permissions. You may be running in one environment locally and running in a "J" environment on the server.

Have you tried doing

F95921.Select
F95921.Fetch Next

rather than

F95921.Fetch Single
F95921.Fetch Next

Hope this helps
Aidy

If the Role is not setup in the custom UDC then that field will display "Not Authorized to View". I can see that on the Web Client, but when I assign a second role that is an "Authorized" Role (one that is in the custom UDC) I still see the above verbiage. I thought maybe Role sequence and change sequence and still the same effect. But if I only have one role that is "Authorized" I can see the confidential data. Since I can see the verbiage I feel confident that the code change is getting to the server. Check the OCM mappings for BSFN and for Default Objects all env are set LOCAL. Database permission are set fro *ALLOBJ and *JOBCTL

aidv....I only have Fetch Single available on the Table I/O.

Back