Errors when building BSFN on JDE 9.0

patcc

Well Known Member
Hi,

I installed JDE 9.0 and but I get the following errors while building business functions.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio Version being used: 80
Processing user defined build tools.

*************Error:************
Current local conditions indicate that compiler -- Microsoft Visual Studio 8.1 -- must be installed with correct paths recorded in the registry.

Either the correct compiler is not installed, registry paths are incorrect, or one of the compiler tools may be missing.

Please contact an administrator to resolve this problem.
----------------------------------------------------------

I installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (Version 9.0) and then modified the JDE.ini accordingly. However I still get the same errors while building BSFN.

Is JDE 9.0 only works with Visual Studio version 8.1 and not higher?

Previously I had an older version on Visual studio (Version 7.0) on my PC.. Could this be the problem?

Or else do you know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks

I hope you are refering to JDE 9.0 DEMO(STANDALONE VERSION).
If so, install Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 & then try building BSFN.It worked for me.

9.0 is certified only with Visual Studio 2005. There are document in metalink on how to configure it once it's installed also.

Can you please help me with what did you change in jde.ini to incorporate the VC++ 2008?
Or can anyone share the jde.ini details with VC++ 2005 settings updated. This is for E9 Demo

Back