E9.2 ER Compare issue

shivam

Hi ,

ER Compare tool ... able to copy code .. able to save .. but after doing a refresh..

assigned values differ compared to what we copied.

also missing values though we copied appropriate variables ( prior to copy).

not known how to proceed. please suggest

It happens because all the variables are assigned IDs. If the variable is copied and that ID is not available it gives it a new one so the ER code copied doesn't connect to it. You will need to fix manually.

It happens because all the variables are assigned IDs. If the variable is copied and that ID is not available it gives it a new one so the ER code copied doesn't connect to it. You will need to fix manually
missing items are ok we can do manually but what about the change in "assigned" items ... which makes me feel something wrong with ER compare tool.

hmmm

missing items are ok we can do manually but what about the change in "assigned" items ... which makes me feel something wrong with ER compare tool.

hmmm
the assigned items use the internal Ids under the covers. the changes in assignments occur because the the variable was assigned a new ID if the original one is not available. When you copy the code the assignment references the old ID. The old ID belongs to a new variable or object added since you moded the app before the ESU. if that makes any sense.

In the end. You just have to deal with it. nothing you can do. Copy the vars and the lines. anything that doesn't look right after the copy you have to manually fix.

It's a great starting point but struggles to do everything as its too complex.
I always use Validate Event Rules in FDA RDA etc to check afterwards

Back