E9.2 64bit NER BSFN cloning or ER compare

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

We are upgrading from 9.0 to 9.2 and on our 9.0 path we made a clone of a DSI BSFN ND3N1114 (WO completions) to become our N571114, this was 10 or so years ago.
Since that time DSI have added loads of new SARs/features and we are retrofitting all clones and base objects

As you know, you can't COPY NERs in E1 nor can you use ER Compare as the module names (events) are different.

So how would people in my boat get around this.....quickly :)

Thanks

John

Can you just use 32 bit and let the check in process convert it? At least I thought that's how it would work since BSFN development is still a 32 bit process.

Can you just use 32 bit and let the check in process convert it? At least I thought that's how it would work since BSFN development is still a 32 bit process.
I actually tried this
I saved my 64 bit BSFN to a PAR and tried to then restore this on my 9.0 system to use Craig's magic. Sadly the PAR file structure and a few other things are very different and it doesn't work off the bat

We did find this

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/fa...frWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=19vulkdkzp_328

If you have 7zip, you don't have to go through all that rename nonsense and just open the par and append it. Worth a shot. To be honest, I've gotten in to the habit of having an emergency 32 bit fat client ready with 9.2.5.x tools for my bigger upgrades with lots of customizations, just in case. (and I don't purge the artifacts until after go live, one of the clients I was dealing with got burned on that once.)

Hi folks

Is there any update on this since I last asked?
If someone here wishes to clone a 64 Bit NER, how are they doing it now?

Thanks

John

Back