Equipment PM Schedule for Multiple PM service type Equipments

TG Yoon

Hi All,

We are on E812 TR8.98, HP Unix Itanium, Oracle 10.2.0.4.

We have two issues related to PM scheduling.

1. We attached multiple service types which have same service cycles in terms of days to each equipment and run Update PM Schedule Status batch R12807.

But when we ran the batch with data selection defined using business unit, the program does not generate the PM
schedules as expected, that is, just one - 1 - PM WO for each equipment. In other words, the PM WOs are split with
parts of the service types attached to each PM WO.

2. When some of the PM backlogs of service types that are attached to one PM WO are not processed, the schedule for those service types are messed up when PM schedules are updated.

The end usere want to have multiple service types attached to one PM WO so that they can take care of those service types once the PM scheduled are updated.

The workaronnds for the two issues include using equipment numbers separately for each equipment when running R12807 but this is not the one the end user wants to run the batch program because the customer have more than 600 equipment listed on the equipment master. The other workaround was using data sequence option when running the batch but this also does not work.

If anybody on the list has any good recommendation or workaround for this issue, please let me know.

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Tony TG Yoon,
Crexsol, Inc.

Hey Tony - I've read your post a few times and am trying to understand your setup and issues clearly.

If I read it right, you have multiple ST's, like A, B, and C attached to one piece of equipment. All of these ST's have the same intervals (ex. 30 days) but are they all due at the same time?

If they are, why not just create one ST with the tasks that would include A, B, and C. End result, 1 PM, 1 task list, 1 schedule to manage.

For your second issue: "2. When some of the PM backlogs of service types that are attached to one PM WO are not processed, the schedule for those service types are messed up when PM schedules are updated.", can you clarify what "are not processed" means? Does it mean the PM didn't generate or the WO wasn't completed? And what does "are messed up" mean?

Thanks,

Hi Carrie,

First of all, thank you so much for replying my post.

1. First Issue

Regarding the first point, you understand the situation correclty. Those STs are all the same types in terms of service cycles and start times. And the customer is currently updating the status of the PM WOs rather than updating the status of ST backlogs so that the status change is done altogether.

By the way, I cannnot see what you mean by attaching
the customer insists on attaching multiple ST's to one equipment rather than multiple activities to one ST. To my understanding, ST is the lowest component that can be related to a WO or equipment. Do you mean that we can attach some lower level components - tasks - to ST? If there is any way to do that, please share your knowledge with me.

2. Second Issue

Regarding the second issue, the word "unprocessed" is to say that some of the "Service Backlogs" are not updated regarding the "completed date", etc., on P13220 Equipment Backlog, while other Service Backlogs are processed. The word "messed up" means that multiple PM WOs are created while inclusion of the STs included in each PM WO does no meaning, and the schedules are not understandable. This situation is in contradiction with the way the customer is updating the Equipment Backlogs by updating status, etc. of PM WOs, though.

We received a workaround guide from Oracle and I am attaching the document to this post. But this also do not work. Besides, the customer does not like to do the things they are recommending.

I suspect that, if some of the Service Backlogs are properly updated regarding the completion date while others are not updated, it would be natural that the next PM WOs are scheuled seperately according the last completion date, etc. Am I right?

Thanks for the help.

PS : I am attaching an MS Excel file showing the details of system setups and results after running R12807 for your reference.

Attachments

• 144699-PM_Schedule.xls
    388.5 KB · Views: 136
Re2: Equipment PM Schedule for Multiple PM service type Equipments - Sequence Workaround

Hi Carrie,

I am attaching the file we received from Oracle regarding the workaroun for the issue we have. They are recommending using data sequence option for our issue.

Attachments

• 144700-Associations_Sequence.doc
    45 KB · Views: 119
Re: Re2: Equipment PM Schedule for Multiple PM service type Equipments - Sequence Workaround

Hey Tony -

I reviewed Oracle's workaround and explanation of the usage of 'associations' and they are indeed correct. (Due to this issue that has been around forever, I try to configure to stay away from using 'associations' whenever possible...)

That having been said, I have additional questions.

1. Are you using model work orders?
2. Are you using the P00191 Standard Descriptions for your task lists in coordination with the Item/Task field on the model?

I've had many clients that would like to have multiple services on one work order generated for the PM Cycle by the R12807. In the past, we've just simply customized the program to do this. Some additional customization is needed to allow the update of each ST via the work order close or the PM Backlog as either method is acceptable. If you've got a good developer around and the budget to support it, I would offer that as a solution.

The inconsistency of the PM Backlog not being updated with the 'work order complete date' would entice me to look to see if there are various versions of the work order program in play. Which program are you using for work orders? The P48011 or the P17714?

Without diving into your system to see the setup, all I can offer at this point is a lot of questions.

I'm not a huge proponent of modifications but sometimes it is necessary to streamline the business process to make it useful and efficient for the user(s). The EAM module isn't perfect by any means out of the box but with some work, lots of value can be obtained for the business.

Re: Re2: Equipment PM Schedule for Multiple PM service type Equipments - Sequence Workaround

Hi Carrie,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with me.
I am still struggling with this and the customer is waiting good news but I am sorry I am not able to deliver that. I can understand your saying "this issue that has been around foever". And I also suspect that this is because "Work Orders" are used many settings in JDE.

Regarding your questions, here are my answers.

1. We are using model work orders to create PM schedules

2. Regarding P00191 Standard Descriptions program, we originally planned to attach these to our work orders but have not attached those yet.

3. We are using P17714 for Work Orders because we are using equipment maintenance. Even though this is another story, we wanted to be able to enter labor time using the work order routing instructions form but this was also not possible because P17714 only is used for equipment Work Orders and this program allows labor time input only in Employee Time Entry form.

If you can shed me a light regarding this issue, other than the solution of Add-On/Modification, it would be great.

By the way, if we are to consider customization as a viable option, what is your estimate of work to do this ?

Thanks and Regards,
Tony

You should be able to go ahead and setup your routings, then use the P311221 to enter your work order time without going thru Time Entry.

Give that a shot. I've used it at many clients successfully.

Email me at [email protected] so we can take the detail of this offline. I don't want to continue to bore the community with system setup stuff.

Back